aspire v15 nitro black edition static noise

BLEBEE
BLEBEE Member Posts: 1 New User
edited March 2023 in 2017 Archives

bought my V15 nitro in Nov of 2015 the speakers started making static noise 4-5months in. but it was quite and only on for a split second once in a blue moon. however, as the time went by it got worst and worst. at arount 10 months in it will be loud enough to wake me up and will be on for 10-15 min. finally got my on the phone with acer and schedule for repair. had to pay close to 100 dollars because of acer's policy to have them insured and overnight shipping had to be done. got my laptop back around a week and a half. my hard was wiped and I lost the windows 10 upgrade which acer's customer service says "oh, sorry about this. I wish I can do something about this but our policy does not allow it" (from the manager). then another 5 months has passed, March 25 of 2017 (today) and the noise is worst than before. I called the customer center explaining this situation once again I had to speak to the manager and his response was "oh, sorry about this, I wish I can do something about this but our policy does not allow it" now I have a year and a half old computer with speakers constantly making static noise when I have the computer on.... now it doesn't even come and go, It's on permantly. drivers won't work, acer is practically saying "we don't take care of random people who are out of warranty". I can't even sell this computer because 1st as soon as I boot my computer, before it even gets to windows it's making the noise. second I will feel so guilty selling this to another person and giving them the stress of getting the speakers replace every 6 months and having to deal with world-class-customer services.

now as a student I have to save up for another year or so to get a different computer. hard lesson learned. DO NOT BUY ACER PRODUCTS!!! 

Answers

• Karp-Acer_Retired
    Karp-Acer_Retired Member Posts: 2,599 Guru

We are sorry for your experience.

The Acer Community is a peer to peer platform, where members do their best to help other members with any issue a user might be having with their unit. Hopefully someone can help you with this issue.

We can suggest you try checking the drivers, as this may be caused by a driver conflict.  All approved drivers are on the Acer site.

https://www.acer.com/ac/en/US/content/drivers

For warranty detail we recommend you download the warranty document online on the Acer website.

Warranty information that might be helpful:

Acer Limited Warranty

Download the warranty that applies to your Acer product.

International Travelers Warranty

Learn more about the extra protection available to many Acer products.

Answers By Acer

Purchase a support plan to get the most out of your Acer purchase.

Warranty Activation

Activate your Acer Advantage warranty policy.

System Information

Get your system information.

minimizar para MAXIMIZAR.

Descubra a mais recente e inovadora tecnologia que chegará no mercado, next@acer.