VN7-791G Tocuhpad not working

alanrose58
alanrose58 Member Posts: 2 New User
edited March 2023 in 2017 Archives

Hi all, I hope someone can help. since installing windows 10 on my laptop my touchpad no longer works. has anyone experienced the same problem and more importantly is there a fix to this problem.

Regards Al

Answers

• brummyfan2
    brummyfan2 ACE Posts: 28,077 Trailblazer

Hi,

Go to Settings(click start, Wheel), Devices, click Touchpad(left pane) and see whether it's ON. Also check the version of drivers installed, right click windows logo(bottom left), Device manager, expand Mice and other Pointing Devices, right click the touchpad, Properties, view the version in Driver tab.

Capture.JPG

• alanrose58
    alanrose58 Member Posts: 2 New User

brummyfan2 wrote:

Hi,

Go to Settings(click start, Wheel), Devices, click Touchpad(left pane) and see whether it's ON. Also check the version of drivers installed, right click windows logo(bottom left), Device manager, expand Mice and other Pointing Devices, right click the touchpad, Properties, view the version in Driver tab.

Capture.JPG

Thanks for the input brummyfan2 unfortunatley all touchpad settings were already on. What is interesting is there doesn't appear to be any drivers for the touchpad in the device manager under mice and other pointing devices

• brummyfan2
    brummyfan2 ACE Posts: 28,077 Trailblazer

Hi,

Could you please check when you expand your Mouse and other pointing Devices, you get like mine(snip), if not try expanding Human Interface Devices to see any Synaptics or Elan mentioned.

Capture.JPG