VN7 592G auto shutdown when unplugged intel sst critical error

artgau
artgau Member Posts: 2 New User
edited November 2023 in 2019 Archives

Hi

So I've had a acer aspire vn7 592g black edition for around 6 months.

I noticed that every time I use the laptop unplugged, it will automatically shutdown because of a critical error of intel sst. So it's really unusable when I'm not plugged in.

I have all the latest drivers, latest BIOS.

When I look into the events journals, the log that describes the shutdown is: (translated from French)

Intel SST Parameter Service unexpectedly shutdown. Corrective action in 60000 milliseconds: Reboot service

I don't think i've seen other persons with this issue.

I hope some people will be able to help. This doesn't bother me so much because I'm most of the time plugged in, but when I'm not it's really unusable.

Thank you

Answers

• sharky25k
    sharky25k Member Posts: 473 Skilled Practitioner WiFi Icon

Did you try to reinstall the windows or install another windows os on a different partition? To be honest I am expecting that the error is caused by the fact that you had some malware before (or you still have it). But I cannot be sure so a test with a fresh install could tell you if this is the case.

• artgau
    artgau Member Posts: 2 New User
    Hi. I did a clean install of the computer, it didn't fix anything, but it's highly unlikely that it's from a malware.

Why would it only shutdown the computer when it is not plugged in? When it is plugged there is no problem. The logs are clear, the error always shows the same thing. Intel sst parameter service shut down.

• Rezvan
    Rezvan Member Posts: 6

Tinkerer

artgau said:
    Hi. I did a clean install of the computer, it didn't fix anything, but it's highly unlikely that it's from a malware.

Why would it only shutdown the computer when it is not plugged in? When it is plugged there is no problem. The logs are clear, the error always shows the same thing. Intel sst parameter service shut down.

Hi, I am having the same issue with my laptop (Acer F5-573T). My computer is only 2.5 years old and I have verified that the battery is still in good condition. The computer shuts down without warning randomly when I am on battery (I can't consistently re-produce the issue - it happens randomly and without any warning). The problem does not occur when I am using the computer on AC power (using the AC adapter).

I have tried the following:
    1. Reinstalled Windows 10
    2. Updated the BIOS
    3. Disabled the Intel Parameter Service which was causing a lot of errors in the error logs

None of these things solved the issue.

I took my computer to my local Acer authorised service centre and they could not figure it out.

Has anyone been able to resolve this problem or have any suggestions on what it could be?
  • andylb
    andylb ACE Posts: 3,827 Pathfinder
    Reinstall the Intel Drivers

Please click YES if I answered your question

I am not an ACER employee
    Thank you and have a blessed day  B)

★★ ACE Pathfinder 2019★★