Updating drivers on VN7-591G

Kanan
Kanan Member Posts: 4 New User

I have a Acer laptop which I've had for a while and I like to game a lot on it but it crashes a lot for different games from different companies.  The Nvidia drivers are easy to find and get but a recent support told me my CPU drivers are outdated.  The Acer Care Center app says everything is up to date.  I look at my CPU drivers and they are from 2009!  That sounds really old to me.  I looked on the website for my model laptop and found some new drivers which I've installed but not sure they apply to the CPU.  The closest one I think may is the Chipset driver.  I haven't tried any games since then but could someone tell me if that is the correct driver or where I may find a CPU driver if not (It's not listed as far as I can see).  I also have Shadowplay crash tons on me but again, my Nvidia software and drivers are up to date.

I already tried going to Intel's site for the drivers but can't install them from them.  Downloading the driver itself won't install because it says PC manufacture has different drivers.  I also tried their app for auto detecting and downloading but it has the same results.  So far me and other people think this is an Acer problem, and hopefully it can be an easy fix.  I have an old Desktop I built myself back when the first Core i CPU's came out and to this day, I have none of these problems on that.

Best Answer

• sharky25k
    sharky25k Member Posts: 473 Skilled Practitioner WiFi Icon
    Answer ✓

Hi,

You really missuse the term CPU. You will not find any "CPU" driver to install for your system. You will find the chipset drivers and the integrated GPU drivers (in your case most probably intel hd graphics 4600). The integrated GPU and the CPU are not the same stuff.

Read the solution from this post and do as jose423 suggested:

http://community.acer.com/t5/V-and-VN-Series-Laptops/VN7-591G-latest-driver-2016/m-p/433870#M10133

When you go to the intel webpage a yellow line will appear which will notice you that newer version of the driver is available. Try to download the latest version of the driver.

Answers

• sharky25k
    sharky25k Member Posts: 473 Skilled Practitioner WiFi Icon
    Answer ✓

Hi,

You really missuse the term CPU. You will not find any "CPU" driver to install for your system. You will find the chipset drivers and the integrated GPU drivers (in your case most probably intel hd graphics 4600). The integrated GPU and the CPU are not the same stuff.

Read the solution from this post and do as jose423 suggested:

http://community.acer.com/t5/V-and-VN-Series-Laptops/VN7-591G-latest-driver-2016/m-p/433870#M10133

When you go to the intel webpage a yellow line will appear which will notice you that newer version of the driver is available. Try to download the latest version of the driver.