Touchscreen Not Working - Aspire V5-571 Notebook

2»

Answers

• howzek
    howzek Member Posts: 1 New User

**bleep**.... i pay $900(which i had work for a month) for a lap top... bring it back with joy... and after 1 month of usage... and POOF.... touch screen not working... and non of the technician care about and troubleshoot it for me... and i seek solution on internet.... who knows my laptop is too new to have solution nor suggestion on troubleshooting... ACER, Do You Care??? i will tell all my friend not to buy ACER until they solve my problem! GOod Luck.

• Cory-Acer
    Cory-Acer Administrator Posts: 1,449 Community Administrator

I see that we have quite a few posts here, but there is not a lot of direct information about the issue. If you're having issues and you're in the US, I"d like to offer that one of our Level 2 technicians give you a call to go over the unit. This will help us understand specifically what functionality issues are being experienced.

Just to clarify a V5-571 and V5-571P are different, the P is specifically what indicates to me that the unit has touchscreeen capabilities.

Again, if you're in the US or Canada and you'd like to have somoene contact you for further troubleshooting, please private message me (personal info should not be posted on the public forum):

Name:

Email:

Phone:
    Serial Number:

As far as troubleshooting on this thread, I would recommend that someone perform a full system recovery and tell me if the touchscreen continues to fail after resetting your computer to factory defaults. Here is an article on how to recover your system: http://acer.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/26281

• ScottyC
    ScottyC Member Posts: 433 Practitioner WiFi Icon

**bleep**.... i pay $900(which i had work for a month) for a lap top... bring it back with joy... and after 1 month of usage... and POOF.... touch screen not working... and non of the technician care about and troubleshoot it for me... and i seek solution on internet.... who knows my laptop is too new to have solution nor suggestion on troubleshooting... ACER, Do You Care??? i will tell all my friend not to buy ACER until they solve my problem! GOod Luck.

Did you consider calling Acer? You're lucky Cory (or any Acer rep for that matter) saw your message at all considering you posted in a public forum that's powered by Acer users and not Acer reps. Sorry you're having troubles but Acer's not going to care if you badmouth the company to all your friends if they have no real way of knowing you're doing it, and they're likely more than happy to help if you actually contact them and not just posting general messages on the internet.

• Tick
    Tick Member Posts: 1 New User
    1. Hey guys my touchscreen was not working as well and I ended up fixing it.
    2. What I did was hold down the windows key (little button with four squares) + X

and went into Device Manager.

3. From there I went to Human Interface Devices. 
    4. Once you are there you will see HID-Compliant touch screen, go ahead and double click it.
    5. When inside the HID-Compliant touch screen menu go to the driver tab and hit disable  it will prompt you with a warning asking if you would really like to disable it, click yes.
    6. After this click enable and try using your touch screen.

Hopefully this solved everyones problem thankfully it solved mine. Goodluck guys.

-Tick Robot tongue