The control keys on my Aspire V5 have stopped working

Options
RogerL
RogerL Member Posts: 3 New User

The control keys on my Aspire V5 have stopped working. All other keys are fine. I use Windows 10. I even re-installed the Launch Manager.

Any ideas on how to solve this?

Thanks!

Best Answer

• sharky25k
    sharky25k Member Posts: 473 Skilled Practitioner WiFi Icon
    Answer ✓
    Options

Hi,

You speak about control key (ctrl), why do you think launch manager would help you? I don't think is a software issue. Probably is a keyboard issue and you need a keyboard replacement.

Anyway if you still believe that the problem is software related, you can always try to boot a live CD from ubuntu (or a USB), and see if the ctrl works there. But I highly doubt. 

Answers

• RogerL
    Options

Update: I have updated drivers and the Launch manager. I have run anti-spyware, and tested extensively. So far, both Conrol keys remain dead.

The laptop is difficult to use. If I can't fix it I will have to recycle it into junk. I will appreciate any help.

• sharky25k
    sharky25k Member Posts: 473 Skilled Practitioner WiFi Icon
    Answer ✓
    Options

Hi,

You speak about control key (ctrl), why do you think launch manager would help you? I don't think is a software issue. Probably is a keyboard issue and you need a keyboard replacement.

Anyway if you still believe that the problem is software related, you can always try to boot a live CD from ubuntu (or a USB), and see if the ctrl works there. But I highly doubt. 

• RogerL
    Options

Hi, Sharkey25k,

Actually, after running a series of  tests I have eliminated software as in issue. I mentioned the Launch Manager as it was a suggested solution, along with a bunch of other tests. But, in fact, it was just another step to confirm that this appears to be a case of hardware headaches.

It looks like it is keyboard time! 

Thanks for the reply.