Recovery disk error Aspire V5 - no bootable device error

Bk2h
Bk2h Member Posts: 3 New User
edited November 2023 in 2018 Archives

I tried to recover my Acer Aspire V5 using the recovery disk I just paid $44.95 for.  When I got to the point where it says remove recovery disk and press ok to continue, I thought I was in the home stretch.  But instead, I received a "no bootable device -- insert boot disk and press any key error".  Can't figure out what to do.  I have no other disk for this computer.  Thought this receovery disk was supposed to be a one stop fix to restore my computer to its condition when I bought it.  Any help greatly appreciated.

Best Answer

Answers

• philetus
    philetus ACE Posts: 4,759 Pathfinder

Did you rstart the laptop after this happned?

• Bk2h
    Yes, to no avail. If I restart without hitting either F2 or F10 it repeats the no bootable disk error. If I press F10 I can have it redo the recovery disk activities but end up at exactly the same place when I remove the recovery disk and press "Ok". Thoughts? Suggestions?
  • philetus
    Answer ✓

Go to bios and change boot mode to legacy or uefi. Whichever it's not.

• Bk2h
    Thank you. Worked perfectly. Was on legacy.
  • nameci1313
    nameci1313 Member Posts: 1 New User
    Thanks so far so good
  • philetus

Glad to hear it.

• bip1949
    bip1949 Member Posts: 4 New User

MANY times

• bip1949
    bip1949 Member Posts: 4 New User

How do I get to BIOS?

• bip1949 wrote:

How do I get to BIOS?

As soon as you press the Power button, press F2 button ( before the OS starts).

• best_sim
    best_sim Member Posts: 4 New User

after presss F2 there is ' no operating system found ' on the screen. can some one help please, this happen to me also, thanks

• philetus

You may not have pressed it fast enough. As soon as you press start, tap the F2 rapidly and continuously.

• SaiRiuS
    SaiRiuS Member Posts: 4 New User
    i have also same problem w/ my aspire v5 windows 8 saying no bootable device found. i`ve tried to changed to legacy and uefi but nothing happen.. still saying no bootable device found. how to fix this? please help me.