My notebook does not exist?

OLDPADDY
OLDPADDY Member Posts: 7 New User

I cannot find V5-591G-74UP with limpus linux anywhere. tried searching via S/N... nothing. Cannot get the thing to operate. Switch on it boots, tells me to enter "less /GPN" and "less /COPYRIGHT" then tells me no such "less" command. How do I get this running so I can install Mint? New to linux and any advice is more than welcome. Thanks in advance. Paddy

[inappropriate content removed - profanity]

Best Answer

• sharky25k
    sharky25k Member Posts: 473 Skilled Practitioner WiFi Icon
    Answer ✓

Hi,

you can find your notebook model here:

http://www.acer.com/ac/en/US/content/drivers

Just input V5-591G, without the last 4 characters. However, you will find the support for windows 10, not for linux or user manual how to install linux. I think that it is assumed that if you buy a linux installed notebook you have more advanced knowledge how to use it.

Regarding the install, you can look on the internet how to make a bootable USB for linux, make one of those, then enable boot in BIOS by pressing F2 when the acer logo comes up. Here in the boot section change the boot order to USB first and/or enable the boot menu and save the settings. After this boot the USB and use the USB to install your favorite version of linux.

There are plenty of tutorials out there how to install almost any linux distribution.

Answers

• sharky25k
    sharky25k Member Posts: 473 Skilled Practitioner WiFi Icon
    Answer ✓

Hi,

you can find your notebook model here:

http://www.acer.com/ac/en/US/content/drivers

Just input V5-591G, without the last 4 characters. However, you will find the support for windows 10, not for linux or user manual how to install linux. I think that it is assumed that if you buy a linux installed notebook you have more advanced knowledge how to use it.

Regarding the install, you can look on the internet how to make a bootable USB for linux, make one of those, then enable boot in BIOS by pressing F2 when the acer logo comes up. Here in the boot section change the boot order to USB first and/or enable the boot menu and save the settings. After this boot the USB and use the USB to install your favorite version of linux.

There are plenty of tutorials out there how to install almost any linux distribution.