My Acer V15 Nitro locks up when it goes into sleep mode. By running the battery down, works again.

frankbbqq
frankbbqq Member Posts: 3 New User

My Acer V15 Nitro locks up when it goes into sleep mode. By running the battery down, it will start again, after it is plugged in. The key board stays lighted, but the keys don't work. This is the second V15 with the same problem. Windows 10, office and CS6 are the only programs. It doesn't do it every time. The first unit did it every 2-3 weeks and the replacement unit did it after three days.

Answers

• Elkino2003
    Elkino2003 Member Posts: 68 Troubleshooter

Pls get me answers to the following questions

1. For how long have you been using the machine?

2' since when did you start seeing such problems?

3. Did you buy your machine from an authorized Acer Seller?

4. Do you see refurbished sticker on it?

5. Were you given any warranty?

Check your SNID at the bottom of your machine, go to Acer product registration homepage and verify  your product

The reason why I'm asking you these questions is that

Some machines are refurbished

Some have been assembled and provided with new case

I mean, they're not genuine as they claim to be

So if you know you didn't buy from an authentic source, trouble for you

If you bought it from an authentic source seller, there must be a way out

I'm from Ghana. I have seen a lot of new machines not working with the same issue

Not Acer only but HP Pavilion series as well.

• frankbbqq
    frankbbqq Member Posts: 3 New User

It has been to the  acer repair center, they have remote accesed it, and it is on the way back to acer now. Keith said that since it has been a problem for months they now would have a second level tech work on it!! Acer doesn't get the concept of "fixed right the first time" or customer satisfaction.