My ASPIRE V5-561 doesn't recognize my external microphone from my headset

Options
Argos
Argos Member Posts: 3 New User

Hello there Smiley Happy

First i would like to inform you to all those who wish to help , that there is only one jack in my laptop , so i bought an adapter like a spliter so i can connect my microphone banana (jack) and for the headspeakers in two seperate jacks , and the one that goes in that one jack in the laptop... again nothing... my external mic its not recognized and it's only working with the internal one.. that is inside the laptop... how to switch to my EXTERNAL MICROPHONE FROM MY HEADSET (i have the stupid adapter).... 

Using Windows 8.1 Pro (64bit)

Updated to the current audio driver (realtek)...

The 3.5mm that enters in the laptop (with 3 black lines)

The 3.5mm jack from the adapter (spliter) (with 3 black lines) (which means something like ,headset speakes, stereo and microphone).

You are going to put here your headphones (for mic and headspeakers)

RED - Usualy for the MICROPHONE
GREEN/BLACK - Usualy for the headset (headspeakers)...

Best Answer

• Argos
    Answer ✓
    Options

Hey there i would like to inform you all , all those who have the same problem that i actually fix the problem.

IT'S IMPORTANT THAT YOU NEED TO UPDATE THE AUDIO DRIVER (HD AUDIO REALTEK) TO THE LAST DRIVER IN ORDER TO WORK  (I PARTLY FIXED MY PROBLEM WITH INSTALLING THE REALTEK HD AUDIO DRIVER)...
    (After installation restart must be preformed)...

1. Now first insert the 3.5mm jack from the adapter cable into the jack of the laptop and you will be prompted to choose one of the selected options.. (because you pluged something)
    (JUST EXACTLY AS THE PIC,  NOTE: I USE WINDOWS 8.1 PRO (other OS may be different) ).

Screenshot (3)4.jpg

So my first mistake was selecting the "Headhpone" option which is actually "mistake"  Smiley LOL

You must select the "Headset" option, in order the laptop recognize the "3.5mm cable adapter as a headset (headphones)" and after all this you done, then you put the MICROPHONE cable from your headphones to the red jack of the adapter cable, and you put the other jack for the headspeakers in the other green/black jack.

This fixed my problem...

NOTE: NEVER CHOOSE "REMEMBER MY SELECTION" IN ORDER TO CHANGE YOUR MIND AND CHANGE BETWEEN THE OPTIONS EVERYTIME YOU PUT ON THE 3.5MM ADAPTER CABLE OR SOMETHING ELSE...

NOTE: USERS THAT ARE NOT PROMPTED TO CHOOSE SOME OF THIS OPTIONS (IF THE OPTION BOX DOESNT SHOW UP AFTER YOU PLUG IN SOMETHING) NEED TO RESET THE SETTINGS , WHICH I DON'T KNOW HOW TO DO THAT , YOU YOU'LL HAVE TO SEARCH ABOUT THAT ISSUE ...

THANKS, I HOPE SOMEHOW HELPED YOU ALL THAT HAVE THE EXACT OR SIMILAR PROBLEM.

Answers

• Argos
    Answer ✓
    Options

Hey there i would like to inform you all , all those who have the same problem that i actually fix the problem.

IT'S IMPORTANT THAT YOU NEED TO UPDATE THE AUDIO DRIVER (HD AUDIO REALTEK) TO THE LAST DRIVER IN ORDER TO WORK  (I PARTLY FIXED MY PROBLEM WITH INSTALLING THE REALTEK HD AUDIO DRIVER)...
    (After installation restart must be preformed)...

1. Now first insert the 3.5mm jack from the adapter cable into the jack of the laptop and you will be prompted to choose one of the selected options.. (because you pluged something)
    (JUST EXACTLY AS THE PIC,  NOTE: I USE WINDOWS 8.1 PRO (other OS may be different) ).

Screenshot (3)4.jpg

So my first mistake was selecting the "Headhpone" option which is actually "mistake"  Smiley LOL

You must select the "Headset" option, in order the laptop recognize the "3.5mm cable adapter as a headset (headphones)" and after all this you done, then you put the MICROPHONE cable from your headphones to the red jack of the adapter cable, and you put the other jack for the headspeakers in the other green/black jack.

This fixed my problem...

NOTE: NEVER CHOOSE "REMEMBER MY SELECTION" IN ORDER TO CHANGE YOUR MIND AND CHANGE BETWEEN THE OPTIONS EVERYTIME YOU PUT ON THE 3.5MM ADAPTER CABLE OR SOMETHING ELSE...

NOTE: USERS THAT ARE NOT PROMPTED TO CHOOSE SOME OF THIS OPTIONS (IF THE OPTION BOX DOESNT SHOW UP AFTER YOU PLUG IN SOMETHING) NEED TO RESET THE SETTINGS , WHICH I DON'T KNOW HOW TO DO THAT , YOU YOU'LL HAVE TO SEARCH ABOUT THAT ISSUE ...

THANKS, I HOPE SOMEHOW HELPED YOU ALL THAT HAVE THE EXACT OR SIMILAR PROBLEM.