How do I find out when my battery has charged to 40-70% on my Aspire V 15?

polkadottie33
polkadottie33 Member Posts: 2 New User

I have an Acer Aspire V 15.  It seems that the lithium Ion battery should be charged to 40 - 70% battery power, but I do not know how to judge that?  How do I know when my battery is charged sufficiently to remove it from the laptop?  My battery indicator light shows blue (fully charged when the power cord is connected, but it goes out if I remove the cord.

Best Answer

• sharky25k
    sharky25k Member Posts: 473 Skilled Practitioner WiFi Icon
    Answer ✓

This is another way to check the battery level. Why people suggest to charge the battery to around 70% is simple. The 100% charge level is a "stress" for the battery to keep such a level of charge. A lower charge level is not so stressful for the battery. But as I told you you don't have any way to clearly specify on the notebook to what level to charge your battery, at least not on acer notebooks. Some sony notebooks had this option implemented in their hardware.

Answers

• sharky25k

Hi,

You cannot set the notebook to charge the battery to a certain level. To check the current charge level look on the small icon in windows while the battery is charging or to use HW monitor to monitor the status of the battery.

http://www.cpuid.com/downloads/hwmonitor/hwmonitor_1.29.exe

• polkadottie33
    polkadottie33 Member Posts: 2 New User

I found that if I right click on the task bar, choose properties, then customize, then battery saver it will tell me how much charge the battery has.  Whywould it say to charge to 70% and not 100%?

• sharky25k
    Answer ✓

This is another way to check the battery level. Why people suggest to charge the battery to around 70% is simple. The 100% charge level is a "stress" for the battery to keep such a level of charge. A lower charge level is not so stressful for the battery. But as I told you you don't have any way to clearly specify on the notebook to what level to charge your battery, at least not on acer notebooks. Some sony notebooks had this option implemented in their hardware.