High Definition Audio device not functioning on V3 772G

kenneth_ottesen
kenneth_ottesen Member Posts: 38 Devotee WiFi Icon
edited March 2023 in 2017 Archives

Any suggestions to fix this?
Reinstalling the Realtek driver does not do the job.

Skjermbilde.PNG
Error code, this device cannot start
Skjermbilde1.PNGSkjermbilde2.PNG
Error log
Skjermbilde3.PNG

The description for Event ID 2 from source ESRV_SVC_QUEENCREEK. The component that causes this event is either not installed on the local computer or the installation is damaged.

If the event originated on another computer, to view the information stored with the event.

The following information was included with the event:

Error [2]: [ERROR_APPLICATION_UNABLE_TO_INIT_INPUTS] [0x7a].
Problem: [Input Library [11]: [C: \ Program Files \ Intel \ SUR \ QUEEN CREEK \ intel_turbo_input.dll] - [fb349e04-0076-4058-aeaf-1d355b939844] Failed To Initialize.].
Solution: [Please check the Input Library.].
Occurred: [Fri April 07 11:53:03 p.m. 2017].
In file: [intel_modeler_open_device.c].
That line: [7558].

The specified resource type in the image file

Best Answer

• kenneth_ottesen
    Answer ✓

Thanks for the attempt to solve this problem Smiley Happy

I finally found myself a solution to this problem after many days of research. I think this might be helpful to others as well, therefore I will post the solution underneath.

If you are able to access another similar computer, the drivers can be extracted through powershell or a third part software such as Double Driver 4.1. If you are not able to access a similar computer, it might be helpful to have a look at the driver version displayed in one of these screenshots underneath.
    Skjermbilde1.JPGSkjermbilde2.JPGSkjermbilde3.JPGSkjermbilde4.JPG
    When the driver files are extracted, they can be installed by opening the device manager, right click on the device, and choose the drivers folder from the computers storage.
    Choose Update driversoftware as displayed in this screenshot:
    Skjermbilde5.JPG
    Choose "Search the computer for driversoftware"
    Skjermbilde6.JPG
    Find the location of where this driver software is stored, or just type in the path if you know how to do that:Skjermbilde7.JPG
    Then Windows should be able to install the driver from the chosen location.

Answers

• IronFly
    IronFly ACE Posts: 18,413 Trailblazer

have you tried to uninstall it?

right click it on device manager and choose to uninstall, then reboot.

I'm not an Acer employee.
  • kenneth_ottesen
    Yes, any other suggestions?
  • IronFly

try to update the Intel graphic drivers, the high definition driver is related to HDMI or DP port and it's managed by Intel GPU drivers.

• kenneth_ottesen

Skjermbilde.PNG
    In this screenshot I've been trying to download and install the driver manually from Intel's website. Acer does not have this driver for Windows 10 available. It claims the driver is not certified for this computer. I also tried to autoupdate through the device manager. The odd thing about this is that I have another Acer Aspire V3 772G with the same specs, except from the Nvidia Geforce graphic card, which got an update through Windows Update that fixed this problem.

• IronFly

you need to uninstall the Intel graphic adapter first from device manager, right click it and choose to uninstall it, tick to uninstall software too.

reboot and then install the downloaded driver or do a search using the Intel update software:

http://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/detect.html

• kenneth_ottesen

Still troubleing...

Skjermbilde2.PNG

• kenneth_ottesen

Still troubleing...

Skjermbilde2.PNG

• IronFly

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/26682/Intel-Graphics-Driver-for-Windows-15-40-

uninstall the previous driver and then install the downloaded one

• kenneth_ottesen

Already done that, no luck so far. It seems like Windows doesn't understand that this driver is meant for this particular device.

• IronFly

no other ideas, sorry.

• kenneth_ottesen
    Answer ✓

Thanks for the attempt to solve this problem Smiley Happy

I finally found myself a solution to this problem after many days of research. I think this might be helpful to others as well, therefore I will post the solution underneath.

If you are able to access another similar computer, the drivers can be extracted through powershell or a third part software such as Double Driver 4.1. If you are not able to access a similar computer, it might be helpful to have a look at the driver version displayed in one of these screenshots underneath.
    Skjermbilde1.JPGSkjermbilde2.JPGSkjermbilde3.JPGSkjermbilde4.JPG
    When the driver files are extracted, they can be installed by opening the device manager, right click on the device, and choose the drivers folder from the computers storage.
    Choose Update driversoftware as displayed in this screenshot:
    Skjermbilde5.JPG
    Choose "Search the computer for driversoftware"
    Skjermbilde6.JPG
    Find the location of where this driver software is stored, or just type in the path if you know how to do that:Skjermbilde7.JPG
    Then Windows should be able to install the driver from the chosen location.

• phgachoud
    phgachoud Member Posts: 1 New User
    Installing the VGA Driver & reboot solved my problem!!!
    You can find it here https://www.acer.com/ac/en/US/content/support-product/4732;-;Aspire+V3-772G