Haswell driver for W10 - Acer aspire v573p 9899

hayden_NZ
hayden_NZ Member Posts: 3 New User
edited March 2023 in 2017 Archives

Hi there

I just recently updated my laptop (Acer aspire v5-573p) to windows 10.

Everything went well apart from the fact I couldn't detect my second monitor, I could duplicate the monitor, but I can't extend the monitor which was possible in windows 8.1. 

Anyway, I found a VGA (intel) adapter for my computers intel's HD4400 graphics integrated graphics card. The readme contained in the driver states that it only supports Braswell processors. It refuses to install on my Haswell processor.

I cannot find any acer specific windows 10 display drivers for a Haswell processor in spite of my laptop being listed on the supported devices list.

If anyone knows of a solution I would be very grateful.

My two monitors are useless without a driver to run them Smiley Sad 

Thanks in advance, Regards Hayden

Best Answer

• hayden_NZ
    Answer ✓

Hey mate, thank you for your suggestion!

Sorry, I've been meaning to get back to you but I've been a bit busy.

I had previously tried your suggestion but I thought I would give it another try tonight. Nothing changed, however, I did stumble upon the solution Smiley Happy !!!

For anyone with the same issue, don't bother going to the "windows display settings" to detect your other monitor, instead ensure you have the driver that Microsoft assigns (well at least in my case it worked), then right click anywhere on the desktop where you should see the driver options for the display. Mine looked like and blue & yellow intel symbol. Then all you need to do is select hdtv + inbuilt monitor in the few options provided.

Sorry, I'm typing this on a Linux distro and cannot remember exactly all the option. It's fairly intuitive once you've found that menu.

I had this issue resolved within 20 seconds on Linux, it took at least 5 hours on windows! eeek

Anyway thanks again for your help!

Regards

Hayden

Answers

• hayden_NZ
  • IronFly
    IronFly ACE Posts: 18,413 Trailblazer

check if Intel drivers update is able to find any suitable driver for you:

http://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/detect.html

please uninstall your driver before installing the new one.

I'm not an Acer employee.
  • hayden_NZ
    Answer ✓

Hey mate, thank you for your suggestion!

Sorry, I've been meaning to get back to you but I've been a bit busy.

I had previously tried your suggestion but I thought I would give it another try tonight. Nothing changed, however, I did stumble upon the solution Smiley Happy !!!

For anyone with the same issue, don't bother going to the "windows display settings" to detect your other monitor, instead ensure you have the driver that Microsoft assigns (well at least in my case it worked), then right click anywhere on the desktop where you should see the driver options for the display. Mine looked like and blue & yellow intel symbol. Then all you need to do is select hdtv + inbuilt monitor in the few options provided.

Sorry, I'm typing this on a Linux distro and cannot remember exactly all the option. It's fairly intuitive once you've found that menu.

I had this issue resolved within 20 seconds on Linux, it took at least 5 hours on windows! eeek

Anyway thanks again for your help!

Regards

Hayden