Hard Drive

chvyman1
chvyman1 Member Posts: 7 New User

I have a Acer V3 731-4471 . The hard drive crashed . Will Acer sell u a reinstall DVD ?

Answers

• laurent_14
    laurent_14 ACE Posts: 10,050 Trailblazer

Hello,

Yes you could buy the erecovery media from your Acer store.

France
  • chvyman1
    chvyman1 Member Posts: 7 New User
    Can u also buy a new hard drive from them
  • laurent_14

Yes of course!

I can give you some part numbers of HDD for your laptop but I need more information:

Could you give me the first ten characters of the computer serial number (S/N)? Only the first ten.

I will reply tomorrow. It is very late in France 01/26/2015 - 12:39 AM

Good night!Smiley Happy

France
  • lolkek
    lolkek Member Posts: 8 New User

Don't buy directly from acer they are overpriced and sell you garbage hardware with an enormous markup, just go to your local computer store and they will repair it for less then the cost of a HDD from acer. Or if you feel adept enough to replace a 2.5 inch HDD then go on youtube and find a teardown tutorial or if you know what you are doing simply open the laptop up and purchase a 2.5 inch hdd from amazon, newegg or a your local computer store.

http://www.amazon.com/Seagate-Laptop-7200RPM-Cache-ST500LM021/dp/B00ISKS416/ref=sr_1_2?s=pc&ie=UTF8&qid=1453790067&sr=1-2&keywords=2.5+inch+hdd the link above is all you really need.

• Cory-Acer
    Cory-Acer Administrator Posts: 1,449 Community Administrator

lolkek wrote:

Don't buy directly from acer they are overpriced and sell you garbage hardware with an enormous markup, just go to your local computer store and they will repair it for less then the cost of a HDD from acer. Or if you feel adept enough to replace a 2.5 inch HDD then go on youtube and find a teardown tutorial or if you know what you are doing simply open the laptop up and purchase a 2.5 inch hdd from amazon, newegg or a your local computer store.

http://www.amazon.com/Seagate-Laptop-7200RPM-Cache-ST500LM021/dp/B00ISKS416/ref=sr_1_2?s=pc&ie=UTF8&qid=1453790067&sr=1-2&keywords=2.5+inch+hdd the link above is all you really need.

I'm clearly a bit biased, and while you may be right when it comes to this HDD, I'll respectfully disagree with the statement as a whole. We work hard to provide competetive pricing where possible. Remember Acer Service is not a seller of hardware, but rather a repairer of warranty parts. We do have the option of selling parts in some cases and will do so upon request. We're not constantly trying to position our prices as the lowest on market to move (sell) them like amazon, newegg or other retailers. So with that said, it's completely possible that you can find better prices in some cases (which can be said of just about any other retailer as well), but we're not forcing anyone to purchase from us, we're just providing another option for components that you know are qualified for your Acer system. Our products are OEM products directly from the manufacturer's you'd find on any other retailer.

• laurent_14

Hi chvyman1,

I own an old Acer desktop (2007) with two original Seagate HHDs (Original Acer parts). They each have 7'300 hours. For information, I requested a quote from my Acer store for the same parts. The unit price is lower than most of the online shops.

I'm not an Acer employee. I'm representative of any brand so nothing to win.

France