Can anyone tell me the exact procdure to update the BIOS on an Aspire V5-122P.

TvdS
TvdS Member Posts: 2 New User

Can anyone tell me the exact procdure to update the BIOS on an Aspire V5-122P. I upgraded from Windows 8.1 to Windows 10. I have read somewhere that upgrading to BIOS ver 2.10 and then 2.12 will improve the speed at which it runs. It seems that here are slow running issues with this machine.

I also know enough to be aware that an incorrecly executed BIOS update can cause a wipe out so, please, if you have done this successfully, please share your experience.

I have downloaded the files and the Readme says: Windows flash: Please click "SOBI0210.exe" to update bios.

I have not done that in case it sets something into motion that I don't understand.

[subject line edited to reflect new topic]

Best Answer

• sharky25k
    sharky25k Member Posts: 473 Skilled Practitioner WiFi Icon
    Answer ✓

Hi,

There's nothing special for BIOS update.

Just download the BIOS, make sure your notebook is plugged in (and also that it has above 60% battery in any case), and run the file which you downloaded.

BIOSAcerBIOS2.123.2 MB2014/07/24Download

Answers

• sharky25k
    sharky25k Member Posts: 473 Skilled Practitioner WiFi Icon
    Answer ✓

Hi,

There's nothing special for BIOS update.

Just download the BIOS, make sure your notebook is plugged in (and also that it has above 60% battery in any case), and run the file which you downloaded.

BIOSAcerBIOS2.123.2 MB2014/07/24Download
  • TvdS
    TvdS Member Posts: 2 New User

Thank you very much for your reply. I could only get around to updating the BIOS over this weekend, and now I can report that the process went very smoothly.

My laptop was on version 2.04 of the BIOS and would not allow me to upgrade to the higher versions before I applied update 2.06. Once I did that I tried to do 2.10 and the update failed. That was what I had been worried about, but the software that does this is so well written and easy to use. It instructed me to hit any key to get back to where I had been which was now 2.06. So I decided to first upgrade to 2.07. That went smoothly, and then there was no problem upgrading to 2.10 and then 2.12.

You are not working in the dark. An information screen keeps you posted on exactly what is happening. I could not believe that it could be so simple, but it is. Thanks again sharky25k, you have been a real help!