Aspire v17 Nitro black VN7-792G dropping wifi connection

KumarA
KumarA Member Posts: 3 New User
edited November 2023 in 2018 Archives

I just bought a new laptop yesterday, Aspire v17 Nitro black VN7-792G.
My wifi router is TP-link tl-wr841N and its working fine with my dell laptop and Iphone etc no issues.

if my acer laptop connecting with wifi router after some 5 min wifi connection showing NO internet access in all devices including acer laptop and reaming devices.

Wifi router restart fixing this issue and again if my acer laptop connecting with router its again dropping the connection in all devices.

is their any compatibility issue with qualcomm atheros and TP link?

my wireless adapter : qualcomm atheros qca61x4
driver version : 12.0.0.270

i updated my acer wifi driver etc but nothing.

Thanks

Best Answer

Answers

• brummyfan2
    brummyfan2 ACE Posts: 28,085 Trailblazer

Hi,

Go to start, run Commmand Prompt as Admin(expand Windows system), type the following lines one line at a time,press enter and see whether it fixes the problem:

Ipconfig /release
    Ipconfig /renew
    Ipconfig /flushdns

• KumarA

Thanks for your reply.

I dont know how enter all command in the command prompt so i created a bat and Opened command prompt as Admin and executed bat file.

I didnt fixed my issue. I am seeing same issue. 

Its wired that how my laptop stoping my wifi.

Thanks.

• Zuluwhoosh
    Zuluwhoosh Member Posts: 13 New User

I have the same network card, however, my model is the v15 and I experience the same problem. I have spoken to Acer on the phone and he advised me to do a full reset of the computer to see if it fixes the problem. I have tried many drivers but still haven't managed to fix this problem, I also get a limited connectivity error frequently. 

• brummyfan2

Hi,

If you have any third party AV program installed, could you try disable it temporarily and see whether it improves the wifi connection.

• Zuluwhoosh

I have tried this now. It seems to work for the time being, but what am I supposed to do now for internet security? Is windows defender really enough? I feel some form of AV is required.

• brummyfan2

Hi,

Yes, Windows Defender works fine and it's sufficient IMHO, as it's a built in feature it takes less resources than third party programs. If you want to use a third party AV program, you could try different programs available online and choose the one suits you.

• Zuluwhoosh

It dropped again without the AV I'm afraid.

• brummyfan2
    Answer ✓

Hi,

Could you please try disabling WMM(QOS) in router settings, you may have to look under Wireless settings, Advanced settings. 

Capture.JPG

• KumarA

Thanks brummyfan2 .This fixed my issue.

• Appelkoek
    Appelkoek Member Posts: 2 New User

HI Brummyfan2,

I have the same issue but when I use my laptops to go to cafe's I can't change that setting in a router. 50% of the time I am unable to use wi-fi due to "limited connectivity issue".
    Also the "ultra-fast-wireless-speed" means that it's half as fast as my iphone? I get a max of 20mbit out of wifi where my phone gets 50 on speedtest easily..

I've changed drivers and reinstalled windows, what else can I do?

Thanks!

• brummyfan2

Hi,

Sorry for the late reply, have you tried to change the Band preference in Device manager? If not, go to Device manager, then WiFi Properties, try different band in Advanced tab.

Capture.JPG

• Appelkoek
    Appelkoek Member Posts: 2 New User

Thanks for your reply! However I can't even find the option,raoming agressiveness network address, D0 PacketCoalescing, Dynamic MIMO etc...
    Which driver are you using?

Thanks,

• Jeffy14
    Jeffy14 Member Posts: 5

Tinkerer

Hi,

I have the same problem. My router is the linksys WRT 1900AC and I do not see the WMM(QOS) option on the router wifi settings. Anything to help please?
    THank you
  • Larcener
    Larcener Member Posts: 1 New User
    @brummyfan2 i have the same problem. I just receieved the acer predator helios 300 yesterday and when connecting to the net it disconnects and all devices disconnect with it. I need to reset the router to fix the problem with other devices but still have problems with the acer laptop. The best solution so far was to roll back the driver but that only gave me 40 minutes of net uptime till it eventually lost connection. I cant seem to find the WMM option in the router settings.
  • Larcener said:
    @brummyfan2 i have the same problem. I just receieved the acer predator helios 300 yesterday and when connecting to the net it disconnects and all devices disconnect with it. I need to reset the router to fix the problem with other devices but still have problems with the acer laptop. The best solution so far was to roll back the driver but that only gave me 40 minutes of net uptime till it eventually lost connection. I cant seem to find the WMM option in the router settings.
    Hi,
    Could you please post the model and make of your WiFi card, the driver version as well.