Aspire V5-571 won't start up

Cassius
Cassius Member Posts: 3 New User

Hello all,

For I friend I'm currently trying to fix an Aspire V5-571 dating from november 2013. It will not start when the power button is pressed. The blue LED comes on though, and after removing the back panel, I noticed the fan makes a few revolutions before stopping again. Here's what I've tried so far:

- Removed battery pack, plugged in charger, same deal

- Removed battery pack, held power button for ~30 secs, plugged in charger, same

- Charger voltage seems normal?

- Put a BIOS upgrade on an USB stick, held Alt-Esc, but no effect. It doesn't seem to reach the POST-stage, the USB-stick light doesn't light up and the little hard drive doesn't spin either. Curiously, when I tried holding Fn-Esc during startup, the blue power light started flashing. But no action, sadly.

Any ideas on other potential fixes? Thanks in advance.

Answers

• Cassius

It's a V5-473 by the way.

Something strange I noticed: I tried the reset battery button on the back, and the fan spins considerably longer the first time I try to start after. The next time(s) it won't even spin for a second or so...

• Cassius

Component

What is this component? Voltage regulator maybe? One of the motherboard connectors seems to be broken.