[Aspire V3 - 771G] Fan running at full speed with no reason

Squix
Squix Member Posts: 5 New User

Hi everyone ! I come up here after a while of researching how to fix that weird problem.

The fact is here : at the time as I push the power button of my Acer Aspire V3 - 771G, the fan is starting running at full speed and that make an horrible loud sound.

I've got this laptop for 3 years now and that problem just occurs 5 days ago.

I didn't do anything for this to happen, except cleaning the fan with an air compressor (through the air vent, without desasembling the pc).

I've tried several things :

- First, using SpeedFan to monitor the unique fan of my laptop (useless because SpeedFan didn't reconigze the fan)

- Check for overheating (At least no program in the Task Manager used a lot of CPU, and all the temperatures are correct, between 40 and 50 degrees when idle, screenshot : http://www.noelshack.com/2016-18-1462730392-capturegbfg.png )

- Then, after reading some posts, removing the battery (nothing happens)

- Next, I check on the BIOS for a possible << fan setting >> (there's nothing like that in the Acer BIOS (latest version for my laptop)

- Finally I tried tu use softwares like NotebookFanControl or ACFanControl (nothing happens too, it just say to me that the fan is running at 164 % , crazy ? )

So after all these things, I was fed up and my laptop fan just continue running like a beast. This is a very big problem for me because I am recording audio and this sound totally mess with my voice into the record. And I currently can't change my laptop, for some reasons.

So, I am begging for your help, I except someone could help me with that.

====== COMPUTER SPECS ======

Processor : Intel Core I7 - 3632GM

Graphic Card : Nvidia GeForce 710M

Using these tools : MalwareBytes Anti-Malware Premium, CCleaner

====== COMPUTER SPECS ======

Best Answer

• Squix
    Answer ✓
    Hi again, this solved itself. No more crazy fan spinning but non it is broken. I will buy a laptop cooler to fix overheating.

Answers

• laurent_14
    laurent_14 ACE Posts: 10,018 Trailblazer

Hello,

I didn't do anything for this to happen, except cleaning the fan with an air compressor (through the air vent, without desasembling the pc).

It's not a good idea. You blew the dust and more toward the interior of the fan. The air flow must not be efficient.

I suggest you to clean  the fan and don't forget to remove the black adhesive tape. Check the temperatures with HWMonitor zipped version (no installation). You can also load the default settings in the bios utilily but I doubt that solved the issue.

France
  • Squix

Thank you for your answer. I desasemble all the computer and clean the fan and the motherboard completly. I also change the black tape. 

But that doesn't change anything ! The fan is doing a weird sound ! I don't know if it is because it is running at full speed or just because the fan has a problem (I need to replace it ?). I also checked the temperatures with HWMonitor and these are totally normal ! You can check here : http://www.noelshack.com/2016-19-1462983785-capturegbfg.png

• laurent_14

Hello,

1. Have you tried to load the default settings and save & exit in the bios utility?
    2. What is the percentage of use of the HDD?
    France
  • Squix

Hi,

1. Yes I already do it, nothing changes.

2. Hard disk temperatures is 48°C (http://www.noelshack.com/2016-19-1463068594-capturegbfg.png)

• laurent_14

Hello,

2. Not the temperature but the percentage. See in Task Manager. Your latest link doesn't work.

3. Which is the room temperature?

4. Did you have overheating issues before cleaning?

France
  • Squix

Hi,

1. When idle, 0% of the Hard Disk is used

2. Room temperature is around 20°C

3. No, never.

• Squix
    Answer ✓
    Hi again, this solved itself. No more crazy fan spinning but non it is broken. I will buy a laptop cooler to fix overheating.
  • laurent_14

Hello,

Two solutions:

1. Thermal modules:
      Spoiler
      60.M0SN5.001MODULE.THERMAL.GT.45W
      60.RYNN5.006MODULE.THERMAL.GL.35W
      60.RYQN5.001MODULE.THERMAL.GS.45W
      I think it's the first or third part number.

2. Only the fan. May be you'll find it here with the sticker but the delivery time is 3 weeks.
    France
  • bc1799
    bc1799 Member Posts: 4 New User

Remove Nvidia driver

Load older version on acer's site

http://www.acer.com/ac/en/US/content/drivers

worked on vn7-791g

• bc1799

no it does not the solution.

it is about battery.

always start notebook with %100 battery.

• bc1799

Fixed

use this command

sc config intelppm start= disabled

its about intel powersave mode.

Thanks

(RookiePlayer)

• bc1799

Ignore what i write before

I tried everything.

The solution is changing the thermal pasta.

Now everything is ok.