Aspire V 17 nitro touchpad issue

helps165
helps165 Member Posts: 7 New User
edited March 2023 in 2016 Archives

Hey there,

I need your help and advice guys. I've had my Nitro for awhile and everything is great, except for one thing - touchpad. Most of the time, touchpad works fine but sometimes it happens that touchpad acts strange - out of sudden, it starts with selecting and marking things as if I wanted to drag it and copy/past it somewhere. I can't find a way how to reverse it, neither do I know how do I turn it on. I suppose it's some kind of gesture?!? Touchpad gets sort of stuck and keeps selecting and dragging/copying anything on open website or programme..... Whatever it is I'm running at the moment. Turning off touchpad etc doesn't help. I always have to restart laptop to get it back to normal.

Here's screenshot for to give you better idea

touchpa.jpg

Answers

• philetus
    philetus ACE Posts: 4,759 Pathfinder

About the best answer I have found is from another site.

"First step is to get rid of any and all Acer bloatware. Second step is to upgrade every device driver to the latest and greatest. Not just the touchpad, but also GPU, network and other drivers. Then you should be good to go. :tup:

I have a V15 Nitro Black Edition (i7-4720HQ/GTX860m/16GB) and it works like a charm after getting rid of all the bloat and updating the drivers. :)" />Nothing wrong with Acer hardware (pretty standard stuff, so basically identical to other manufacturers)"

• helps165

Hmm, not sure that it applies. I did get rid of most bloatware when I got the laptop and I tried to install newest drivers, but touchpad just goes off sometimes for whatever reason and it's super annoying.

• philetus
    philetus ACE Posts: 4,759 Pathfinder

Go to Control Panel/Mouse/Elan/Options/Drag and Drop and reconfigure. 

• grundig60
    grundig60 Member Posts: 2 New User

hey there,

had the same problem as helps165 described. in the end, the touchpad stopped working at all. no cursor is appeared. do you have any idea what to do?

• helps165

Sadly, I have to say I didn't manage to resolve this issue. Sometimes it works all day but then it's acting up out of sudden and only thing that helps is restarting laptop. Smiley Sad  Really sucks.

• grundig60
    grundig60 Member Posts: 2 New User

the only solution i found is using mouse instead

• bkmofo
    bkmofo Member Posts: 1 New User

Hello, has anyone been able to fix the dragging issue? It's extremely annoying and happens way too often and requires a restart in order to fix it.

• helps165

I haven't resolved the issue yet. It's still acting up. Sometimes it's ok for several days or week, but then out of sudden it happens. Smiley Sad  Haven't really found the solution except for the restart. It seems no one knows what to do with it. Maybe using the mouse is really best solution.