Acer v7 482PG does not wake-up opening lid after Windows 10 upgrade

matoroa
matoroa Member Posts: 11 New User

Hello,

I searched for this issue but did not find any solution. After installation of Windows 10 in my V7 482PG (clean install), I lost this feature. With windows 7 I was able to wake-up the laptop opening the lid. Now with windows 10, the laptop stay in sleep mode and i have to push a button to make it wake up.

Perhaps I am missing a driver but i do not know which one.

Thanks for any help and regards.

Answers

• philetus
    philetus ACE Posts: 4,759 Pathfinder

Go to Power Options/Change Plan Settings/Change Advanced Power Settings/Click the + sign next to Sleep/Allow Hybrid Sleep and set both settings to Off. Click apply and close. Close the lid and wait a few seconds and open lid.

• matoroa

Thank you for your reply but this procedure did not work for my V7. Could it be a missing driver? Since I did a clean install I let Windows to install their generic drivers and I do not know I need to install those on Acer site.

Regards.

• philetus
    philetus ACE Posts: 4,759 Pathfinder

You should install the Acer drivers. They are engineered for your Acer laptop.

There is no Power Manager for Windows 10 for your laptop though, so you may not be able to get it to act like you want it to in Windows 10.No windows 8.1 either. Can't hurt to try the Windows 8. 

ePowerAcerePower Management Application7.00.301321.4 MB2013/06/19Download

Are you at the 2.30 Bios?

• matoroa

Hi,

Thank you for taking time to help me on this. Yes, the BIOS version is 2.30. I installed the ePower Management Application to no avail. Well, it is not a big deal. it was just a cool way to wake up the V7 since now I have a SSD and everything run really fast.

thanks and regards.