Acer dust defender

Jhjh6980
Jhjh6980 Member Posts: 78 Devotee WiFi Icon
I have an acer v intro g791 Windows 10
Dust defender automaticly run when i star up the laptop
How to disable acer dust defender when i star up my laptop?
Thankx

Answers

• laurent_14
    laurent_14 ACE Posts: 10,050 Trailblazer

Hello,

1. Which model do you own exactly?
    2. Could you give me the first ten characters of the computer serial number (S/N)? Only the first ten.

France
  • Jhjh6980
    Jhjh6980 Member Posts: 78 Devotee WiFi Icon
    S/n:NXMYHEF001
  • laurent_14
    laurent_14 ACE Posts: 10,050 Trailblazer

Hello,

Sorry for the delay. You should try reinstalling the Acer Quick Access application (Dust Defender plugin included in this app).

France
  • Nivenor
    Nivenor Member Posts: 13

Tinkerer

Unfortunately, Dust Defender cannot be disabled, at least on VN7-791G. Reinstalling Quick Acess (as mentioned in comments here) won't help. This app can run Dust Defender by user request, but cannot enable or disable it completely. Dust Defender works on my laptop even under Linux, without any piece of Acer software, so I think it's BIOS-driven function.

• Hajurbaa
    Hajurbaa Member Posts: 1 New User
    If you go to "Acer" then to "Dust Defender" and click on "Start cleaning now" (on my laptop in German "Jetzt reinigen") the defender, if it is running, will stop, at least for a while. The fan depicted on the display will reverse rotation. If you keep Defender on the task bar you can quickly shut it up if it is misbehaving. I have an Aspire VN7-791.
  • ajwees
    ajwees Member Posts: 3 New User
    I thought the acer helios 300 has dust defender but it doesn’t at least mine doesn’t.  I have the latest quick menu update