Acer aspire vn7-591 desnt start up for 20 kin

Diimidium
Diimidium Member Posts: 4 New User
edited March 2023 in 2017 Archives
Hey my acer aspire vn7 works really slow so it starts up shows the acer loggo then black screen with just a loading circle then just a black screen then blue screen with date and time and then my home and then it loads then i put my password in and it takes me to the screen where i cant do anything and this wholenprocess takes at least 40 tp 50 min. I tried holding the power button for 30 and 60 sec and i tried to go in to bios and default everything and i also tried to change it to legacy mode and someother thing but that didnt work so i changed it to default and i checked to see if the hdd was connected in buos and it was their. So i dont know what to do. When i try to reset from home screen it says unable to reset your pc. A required drive partition is missisng

Answers

• IronFly
    IronFly ACE Posts: 18,413 Trailblazer

can be an HDD issue, i suggest you to backup all your personal files and do a clean windows install.

I'm not an Acer employee.
  • Diimidium
    I cany do it because i cant get into the desktop because its that slow and doesnt load upto the desktop so i cant do anything and when i try to reset it or or go to advanced settings and try all thenoptuons those dont work so i cant do anythng beyond the lock screen and to get there it takes a while
  • IronFly

if you press Alt+F10 keys at boot, are you able to enter windows recovery?

if so, try to run a refresh keeping user data.

if not, another way is to create a bootable windows 10 USB flash drive and try the reset/refresh from here:

This article applies to laptops and desktops running Windows 10:
    upgraded from a previous version of Windows and experiencing issues with startups or need to do a windows 10 clean install;
    pre-installed from the factory but unable to create the Acer factory recovery
    Microsoft has released a downloadable tool to create installation (and recovery) media, using an USB flash drive or DVD.

Download Windows 10

Once downloaded, launch the .exe file and follow the on screen instructions.

If you need to recover your desktop/laptop from startup issues:
    1. Insert the media and power on the machine.
    2. Tap F12 to launch the boot manager (probably you need to enable it from BIOS, so press F2 at boot, enable F12 boot menu under Boot tab and then press F10 to save and exit)
    3. Select USB (or DVD drive).
    4. Select your language and press next.
    5. Click on Repair your computer.
    6. Click on Reset this PC if you want to try to keep your files and re-install windows 10 or click Advanced Options to attempt to restore from a previous point.

If you need to perform a clean install or re-install on your factory installed windows 10:
    Please read the detailed instructions from Microsoft "Installing Windows 10 using the media creation tool".
    Note
    If you have upgraded to Windows 10 on this PC by taking advantage of the free upgrade offer and successfully activated Windows 10 on this PC in the past, you won't have a Windows 10 product key, and you can skip the product key page by selecting the Skip button. Your PC will activate online automatically so long as the same edition of Windows 10 was successfully activated on this PC by using the free Windows 10 upgrade offer.
    If your desktop/laptop had windows 10 from factory, you can skip the product key page by selecting the Skip button. The product key will be automatically read from BIOS and successfully activated.

• Diimidium
    Hwy i trued to refresh pc but that didnt work and u tried to reset it and that didnt work and i dont have another laptop or computer to get the thing in the usb drive, is it maybe a hardware issue?
  • IronFly

can be an HDD issue but without trying to re-install windows is hard to know.

Don't you have a friend around that can help you to create the USB flash drive?

• Diimidium
    Yeah my friend he can helo me do it tommorow so ill try that and it might be a HDD issue but it does show in the buos with the model and everything.I will get back to you tommorow when i have tried.