Acer V15 Nitro VN7-592G Speakers crackling noise

2»

Answers

• Nickn
    Nickn Member Posts: 14 New User

Sadly I sent my laptop for repairs yesterday. Got some weird horizontal lines on display.

So won't be able totest on my system, from my past expereince changin intel settings or drivers for auido didn't help.

As for the undervolting you need to go into all controls and select a negative -150 value in voltage and click apply. Run a stablity test to see if it works on your chip and your temperatures and fan usage should drop, it did so for me. It helps to have a hrdware monitor to se if your undevoltage applied and to monitor temps.

• Karp-Acer_Retired
    Karp-Acer_Retired Member Posts: 2,599 Guru

What is the Windows in the unit and the driver version? 

Can you hear the sound when using headphones? if so, it is possible to be a hardware issue and the unit will need to be send to repair.

minimizar para MAXIMIZAR.

Descubra a mais recente e inovadora tecnologia que chegará no mercado, next@acer.
  • TokenCDN
    TokenCDN Member Posts: 26 Troubleshooter

Acer-Karp wrote:

What is the Windows in the unit and the driver version? 

Can you hear the sound when using headphones? if so, it is possible to be a hardware issue and the unit will need to be send to repair.

I'm on Win 10 home (latest updates as of today), and the issue happens with all driver versions so far.

This does seem to be a fairly common problem regardless of manf. (at least from what I found using my Google-Fu) and the general concensus seems to be the power management is the problem (device goes to sleep, makes popping noise when awakened)

For now, it seems like turning off the power management for the intel sst devices is doing the trick. The one possible problem I'm seeing with this is that there are 2 devices - Intel SST and Intel SST (OED) - and for whatever reason the non-oed entry keeps resetting the power managment on reboot. The click/pop doesn't occur (for now), so hopefully just the OED entry is the only one needed.

A further thought… What use is SST anyways? From what I've read, it doesn't add anything I'm interested in and I would happily ditch it if possible

• RadeonHD
    RadeonHD Member Posts: 43 Troubleshooter

Same audio crackling and popping problem here on my laptop (details in signature). I'm using win 10 x64  14393.969  with all updates and latest audio driver from acer website 6.0.1.7910.

• ServerSide
    ServerSide Member Posts: 1 New User
    I have another kink of crackling noise. I usially use laptop with headset and sometimes my speakers begin to pop. To stop a cracking sound, it's enough to stop playing music in headset or disable realker audio device.
    The sound in headset clear.

• CoryHarts
    CoryHarts Member Posts: 1 New User
    Looks like this thread is dead now, but I think I may be able to bring some life to it. I went into the device manager and saw that for audio I had the NVIDIA Virtual Audio Device, and the Realtek High Definition Audio devices when I looked into the sound controllers. I disabled the NVIDIA one, and my audio worked perfectly. Hope that helps others!
  • ka13b
    ka13b Member Posts: 1 New User
    CoryHarts said:
    Looks like this thread is dead now, but I think I may be able to bring some life to it. I went into the device manager and saw that for audio I had the NVIDIA Virtual Audio Device, and the Realtek High Definition Audio devices when I looked into the sound controllers. I disabled the NVIDIA one, and my audio worked perfectly. Hope that helps others!
    I know this thread died, but I needed to say thank you for this. I had resorted to physically disabling my speakers. I plugged them in today thinking maybe after a clean windows install it would work and it did not. But THIS made the difference. Thank you, @CoryHarts