Acer Nitro VN7-592G-747C randomly reboots when on battery

2»

Answers

• IronFly
    IronFly ACE Posts: 18,413 Trailblazer

ok, not worth to try whocrashed; at this point i would try the ACPI uninstall, if this doesn't fix the issue, i'm out of ideas.

I'm not an Acer employee.
  • Dundy
    Dundy Member Posts: 57 Devotee WiFi Icon

I have uninstalled the ACPI device specified in your original message. However; I am not able to do the battery power reset as described in the link you had sent because my notebook does not have an easily removable battery (there are no locks that I can just pull to remove it).

However, there is a tiny whole in the middle of the bottom surface and I think that is for resetting the battery?

Shall I press that with a pin? If yes, am I supposed to press and hold it for x number of secords?

Once that's done I'll do test runs on the battery keep my fingers crossed that it won't restart..

• IronFly
    IronFly ACE Posts: 18,413 Trailblazer
    Yes, you need a pin and press in that tiny hole.
    I can't remeber how many seconds but something around 10 seconds will be enought.
    I'm not an Acer employee.
  • Dundy
    Dundy Member Posts: 57 Devotee WiFi Icon

Did the power reset, and between 30-40% it rebooted again. I am guessing you ran out of ideas then as well, right?

I am very disappointed with this issue, I will have to probably take it back to the shop I bought it from and god knows what they will do to it there.. and again, it is a 3 month old notebook that Acer calls higher-end.

However, big thanks for you effort trying to help, IronFly!

• Wegalu
    Wegalu Member Posts: 1 New User
    Dundy, did you ever find a solution to the random shutdown? I have the same issue.