Acer External Monitor unable to display/detected by my Acer Laptop if not being charged

iamjustin
iamjustin Member Posts: 3 New User

Hi,

I have my Acer Monitor (G277HL) linked to my Acer Laptop (VN7-592G-79KR) via HDMI cable. I have no problem with it until recently, the external monitor is only able to display if my acer laptop is being charged. If my laptop is not charging, my external monitor won't be detected by the laptop. I had not make any changes to at the battery power setting. Anyone advise?

Thank you.

Answers

• IronFly
    IronFly ACE Posts: 18,413 Trailblazer

iamjustin wrote:

the external monitor is only able to display if my acer laptop is being charged. If my laptop is not charging, my external monitor won't be detected by the laptop

So, right now it's not working charged or not?

Which windows OS version is installed?

Are you able to try another external monitor or TV on your laptop?

Are you able to connect your external monitor to another PC an test if it works?

One quick thing you can try, is to uninstall your graphic adapter from Device manager, reboot and let windows re-install the drivers.

windows logo key + x

Device manager

display adapters

right click your display adapter 

choose to uninstall and tick to uninstall software too if asked

reboot

I'm not an Acer employee.
  • iamjustin

Hi,

I had tested on another TV and using another laptop on the current Monitor. It is the problem with the laptop.

It can only detect the external monitor when the laptop is charging. 

I had unistall the display adapter, the problem presists. 

I try to use system restore, but there is no point created for me to restore back to since was bought few weeks ago.

Anybody can advise?

• IronFly

Check on nVidia Control panel if power management mode is set to High performance, it's under 3D settings.

check also Battery settings on Intel VGA settings - Power

• iamjustin

Hi,

Sorry. What do you mean by if power management mode is set to High performance? What settingh should i adjust?

As for the power in battery settings, where should i look out for? I been checking the power setting over and over again. But not sure which option may affect it.

Thank you.

• IronFly

if you are still unable to have HDMI working on battery, you can try a windows refresh, keeping your data.

http://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/4090-refresh-windows-10-a.html