Acer Aspire v3 772G no HDMI sound through TV

edd200sx
edd200sx Member Posts: 4 New User
edited March 2023 in 2014 Archives

Right I have a picture on my panasonic TV but no sound through HDMI i've installed different drivers countless times and i cant see any HDMI option in playback devices.

am i thick and loading the wrong drivers or is this just another problem with this laptop?

like a mouse that zips all over the screen whenever you try and move the mouse right it goes left....

win 8.1

so far i am literally not impressed with my £600 purchase

Best Answer

Answers

• edd200sx
    No one else has audio problems through hdmi?

Think I might have to sell this on and get something else the support from acer is none existent
  • Lucas2014
    Lucas2014 ACE Posts: 567 Pioneer
    Answer ✓

already tried to do a factory reset

• DarrenHill
    DarrenHill Member Posts: 37 New User

Is the issue that you have no sound at all, or that you have picture via HDMI but the audio still coming from the 772?

On my netbook (AO722 under Win7) I occasionally get the latter when I'm travelling and have it connected by HDMI to hotel TVs. In those cases if you go under control panel and open the sound icon, you should be able to choose the playback target. The TV should appear in that list when it's HDMI connected, and selecting it (optionally also setting it to default) reroutes the audio from the speakers to the HDMI. I've never had to install any kind of driver for this, and I use all manner of random TVs from different manufacturers in my travels.

I'm not familiar with Win8.1 but I presume something similar may be available somewhere in its control panel settings if it is misdirected rather than missing audio.

• edd200sx
    Thanks Darren I'll have a look yes it still comes from the laptop speakers
  • edd200sx
    Yea did a restore from USB sound came back
    But no amount of different drivers would fix it before that
  • Sharanji
    Sharanji ACE Posts: 4,327 Pathfinder

hi..

By default Windows does not route sound over the HDMI output. To change this we need to change the settings in control panel.

Note: This will turn off sound from the speakers or normal audio output on the laptop. To get that back you will have to reverse this process.

Press Windows key + X.  Click on "Control Panel"

With the Control Panel in "Control Panel Home" view please click on "Hardware and Sound"
    Where it says "Sound" in green letters there are three options below that are in blue click on "Manage Audio Devices"
    This will bring up a window labeled "Sound"
    On the "Playback" tab there is listed the sound options available to you. One should read "Digital Output Device (HDMI)" Click on that.
    There should now be a check mark on that option, make HDMI sound output as default .
    The Sound should then play through your HDMI hookups to the TV.

• onurcaba
    onurcaba Member Posts: 2 New User

I think you do not get the point

There is no option hide or unhide in audio device options

I had it before formating the OS but after format there is no options I do not have a recovery image on pc or do not have a recovery disk

Which drivers i need to install?

Is it posible to send me a recovery dvd or something

• Beleg
    Beleg Member Posts: 2 New User
    I have the same problem now: HDMI connected, got picture on TV. And I have no option so that I can select wether or not I want the sound to be on my 772g or the TV!!! tried several driver updates, nothing works... I still have no option,
  • vladdo
    vladdo Member Posts: 2 New User

In Windows 7 on my aspire 0722 I can find no tabs for playback  - when I go the Sound settings my only option is the Conexant speakers in the netbook.  I get great video though my hdmi cable.  I have checked and I am up to date on my Win 7 updates. Is there some new driver download I should be trying?

thanks a lot.

Vladdo

• IronFly
    IronFly ACE Posts: 18,413 Trailblazer

if you check on Device Manger with the HDMI cable connected, do you have any yellow exclamation mark?

I'm not an Acer employee.
  • sallydais
    sallydais Member Posts: 2 New User

I have an acer aspire e1-570 and do not have the option to click on hdmi? it shows the TV name and this is clicked as green.  I have installed the latest drivers, but this has not worked...

• abc_aust
    abc_aust Member Posts: 1 New User

This fix works for me, thanks.

My problem: 'Device Manger with the HDMI cable connected, have a yellow exclamation mark'.

I,

1. RE-installed driver for 'High Definition Audio Device',

2. Goto 'Volume Control Option' & select 'LG TV', see image below.

a.pngBackground: audio output to TV was working fine. I did a 'Windows Update' on 28-Mar-17,  see image below. My TV audio then stop working. It seems that 'Windows Update' caused problems to driver for 'High Definition Audio Device'...well done Microsoft :-(

My laptop is an Acer Aspire v3-771G and running Windows 7: no changes to OS and drivers are as per supplied by acer. Hope this helps.

[edited to remove blank image placeholder]

• Smoke
    Smoke Member Posts: 1 New User

AUDIO PROBLEM.png

got same problem no audio on my hdmi out on tv can some one pm me how to solve it