ACER v15 VN7-593G-76SS

stangman_11
stangman_11 Member Posts: 7

Tinkerer

edited March 2023 in 2017 Archives

Hello all, I have a couple of questions 

I just bought a Nitro series V15 today (Model number above) Mine came with a 1 TB HDD installed and no SSD. So I want to put an SSD in it so:

1. I know it is a 2280 but what Interface do I get sata III ? Any recommendations

2. How do I transfer Windows 10 from the HDD to the SSD 

3. My BIOS edition is 1. 03 , is there newer BIOS available and how do I go about downloading them. on a USB?

Thanks 

Frank 

Best Answer

• brummyfan2
    brummyfan2 ACE Posts: 28,086 Trailblazer
    Answer ✓

Hi,

1.Install HWiNFO64 program, expand Bus, expand PCI Bus, highlight PCI Express Root Ports and check the Maximum Link Width on the right pane, if one of them is 2x or 4x , you can install a NVMe disk. Please read the second post here:http://community.acer.com/t5/E-F-and-M-Series-Laptops/Acer-Aspire-E5-575-52JF-m-2-nvme-support/td-p/497241

2.You can do this either by using Macrium Reflect or MiniTool Partition Wizard, both free programs.

You can create a backup of your HDD to an external HDD, create a recovery disk using Macrium Reflect, remove the HDD from the laptop, install the SSD, boot with the recovery USB created with Macrium Reflect and recover the image from the backup(external HDD).

OR

You could install MiniTool Partition Wizard, install the SSD, use Migrate feature in the MiniTool PW. You need to remove the HDD once you finished migrating and boot with your new SSD.

3. Threr are no new BIOS update yet.

Capture.JPG

Answers