Ultra-Thin

Topic

Contributing Member
kresnark
Accepted Solution

aspire P3 how to reinstall windows 8

I try to reinstall windows 8 on my acer aspire P3

I choose option "Remove everything and reinstall windows"

but I got warning "Some files are missing. Your windows Installation or recovery media will provide these files"

I have "Recovery DVD" , I connect external DVDRom with recovery disk inside but I got another warning "The Media inserted is not valid"

please help ....

thanks.

Frequent Contributor
suniljp

Re: aspire P3 how to reinstall windows 8

You need to change the BIOS mode from UEFI to Legacy mode to install windows 8 from optical drive.

The below link explains that.

http://acer.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/27045/kw/windows%208%20legancy%20bios

Contributing Member
kresnark

But aspire P3 doesnot have dedicated keyboard, it has keyboard but bluetooth keyboard ....

Aspire P3 like semi tablet with bluetooth keyboard...

I did try to press F2 at bluetooth keyboard but nothing happen

Frequent Contributor
suniljp

Try with a USB keyboard

Contributing Member
kresnark

Problem solved.... to open bios for aspire P3 ... press power button + volume up

Frequent Contributor
suniljp

Great happy to know that

Visitor
alibye77

I'm having the same problem. I can set the BIOS to legacy and get it to boot from the DVD drive, but once the recovery media starts I receive a message saying the BIOS must be in EUFI mode to begin the recovery process. If I change the BIOS back to EUFI, the system won't boot from the DVD.

Any ideas how to get around this?

Visitor
alibye77

[ Edited ]

Ok, right after I hit submit, the system booted from the DVD. It took about 20 minutes! Guess I just wasn't patient enough.

However, it booted into the recovery console and it tells me I have to have the system in lecacy BIOS mode!

This is rediculous!

If I boot in legacy mode, I receive a message saying I must be in EUFI mode, and if I boot into EUFI mode, it tells me to boot the recovery disk using legacy BIOS mode!

Visitor
capdahiya

tried to press power + volume up ,n nothing

Visitor
dickins04

I have spent time on Acer helpline, but accent and speed of speech prevented my clearly understanding the technician's advice.

Now I need to know how to restart Win 8 in slow easy instructions!

Welcome, Guest

Not A Member?   Register
Help
Language:
Member Highlight

Please join me in congratulating IronFly who is the first Acer Community Member to achieve the rank of ACE Pathfinder. IronFly has shown a consistent willingness to help others and has worked hard to earn this new Rank. Congrats and Thank You IronFly.

ACE Pathfinder

Did you know?

Acer Community is also available in the following languages: