Windows 8 Upgrade // Touchpad Not Working Right - Acer Aspire V5 - 531

AJSmith1985UK
AJSmith1985UK Member Posts: 6 New User

Hello

Ive upgraded from Win 7 Home Premium to Win 8 Pro using the Acer Windows 8 Upgrade Tool everything was completed successfully no issues at all last night but today ive turned the laptop on and my touchpad doesnt work right and the cursor is acting as if someone is swirling it around the screen.

So ive checked the acer website and theres no update for the Synaptics driver for my laptop so can someone explain to me what i do next as i know it was a synaptics driver from when it was windows 7 but at the moment its listed as a microsoft mouse driver and theres no way of updating the driver via the device manager options.

Best Answer

• daveydave7
    daveydave7 Member Posts: 10

Tinkerer

Answer ✓

Ok

You need Synaptics Touchpad driver 16.0.2.0

You can download it from here:

http://www.acer.co.uk/ac/en/GB/content/drivers

Then selecting Ultra Slim under groups then ACER V5 -531 DO NOT CHOOSE A 531-g/p or pg as the synaptics driver may not be on their page !!

Download the file run it as administrator THEN RESTART and hey presto your driver is back working again

Whilst this driver is a windows 7 one it works perfectly well under windows 8 !!

Answers

• daveydave7
    daveydave7 Member Posts: 10

Tinkerer

Answer ✓

Ok

You need Synaptics Touchpad driver 16.0.2.0

You can download it from here:

http://www.acer.co.uk/ac/en/GB/content/drivers

Then selecting Ultra Slim under groups then ACER V5 -531 DO NOT CHOOSE A 531-g/p or pg as the synaptics driver may not be on their page !!

Download the file run it as administrator THEN RESTART and hey presto your driver is back working again

Whilst this driver is a windows 7 one it works perfectly well under windows 8 !!

• AJSmith1985UK
    AJSmith1985UK Member Posts: 6 New User

Thankyou very much - Works Great!

• senhyd
    senhyd Member Posts: 3 New User

I have same problem with Aspire V5-571P. The touch pad is showing as simple mouse, no gestures working. Tried with re-installing the driver from acer support page but still no luck? do I need to do anything more?

This discussion has been closed.