V7 582 PG Bios 2.26

djk314
djk314 Member Posts: 9 New User

Acer Bios 2.26 has problem at boot, won't boot sometimes, need to insist a lot of time, it start booting then stop, anyone ?

How to revert back to 2.25 bios ?

[corrected model number in subject line]

Answers

• ronaldvs
    ronaldvs Member Posts: 2 New User

I believe I have the same problem. Upgraded to 2.26 and have an instable system. Looking for a way to downgrade the BIOS to 2.25

• laurent_14
    laurent_14 ACE Posts: 10,017 Trailblazer

Hello djk314,

Read this Intel document about "Instructions for BIOS version downgrade"

"If the desktop board supports the Intel® Management Engine (Intel® ME), BIOS downgrades are not recommended for security reasons. If a BIOS with Intel® ME must be downgraded and the downgrade will affect the Intel® ME version, the Recovery BIOS Update is the only method you can use."

It's the same problem for a laptop.

France
  • djk314
    This is false you cannot downgrade with Acer bios software, we need a special tool.
  • laurent_14

Hello,

It's what I said: "the Recovery BIOS Update is the only method you can use".

Recovery Bios Update isn't the same thing than Bios Update.

France
  • djk314

So we have to wait Acer to release another Bios, not bugged. At this time my laptop is near to unusable....:/

• laurent_14

Contact the Acer support of your country to pass the information up.

Or make a recovery bios by a IT technician...

France
  • djk314

I don't need crappy IT technicians, i'm one. Acer has a bad reputation on upgrade/update for me. Theire is a way but need a special tool for flashing acer bios, cause the bios is write protected. http://www.bios-mods.com/forum/Thread-Acer-Aspire-V7-582PG

• Phil-3
    Phil-3 Member Posts: 1,181 Skilled Practitioner WiFi Icon

Hello everyone,

While our members are generally eager to provide useful information, be advised that Acer does not validate third party external links for downloads and is not responsible for them.

Acquiring files through such links is at the user’s own risk.

Thanks!

• djk314
    Acer should help customers, I had a lot of Acer devices and they never helped me, our risk is better than nothing. When I flashed Acer official bios it kill m'y 1000$ laptop so I prefer to take nerds risky forum technic than wait for months for an hypothetical correct release from Acer.
This discussion has been closed.