V5-573G Noisy right fan

Ysquanir
Ysquanir Member Posts: 8

Tinkerer

Hello everyone,

I have bought an Acer V5-573G laptop 10 days ago and ever since purchase the right cooling fan has been making a constant subtle whirring/grinding noise. The noise isn't too loud, however, it's much louder than the left fan. I was hoping the noise would go away if given some time, but it persists Smiley Sad

Is this a known issue which can be solved at home (lubricating the fan, or re-setting it on the drive shaft, perhaps?), or will I need to send the laptop back for repairs?

I'm looking forward to your advice Smiley Happy

Best Answer

• Clyde
    Clyde Member, Knowledge Author Posts: 420 Mr. Fixit WiFi Icon
    Answer ✓

If you feel like the noise is excessive, or not normal, I would contact Acer for repair. If it just seems a little loud, it may not be a hardware problem. You could always go to a store and try one of their display models to see if it has the same sound.

Answers

• Clyde
    Clyde Member, Knowledge Author Posts: 420 Mr. Fixit WiFi Icon
    Answer ✓

If you feel like the noise is excessive, or not normal, I would contact Acer for repair. If it just seems a little loud, it may not be a hardware problem. You could always go to a store and try one of their display models to see if it has the same sound.

• Ysquanir

Tinkerer

So there aren't any solutions applicable at home? That's a pity. Well, I guess I'll just take it back to the store so they can have a look at it when the finals are over. Thanks for your answer Smiley Happy

• proofed49
    proofed49 Member Posts: 1 New User

I have an Aspire, x-1935 Desktop, and like you had a noisy fan or ? whenever a DVD was put in.  In a related vein, I saw a message from Prolific Software for a download for a fan as I believe it is interfering with my ability to reload default factory software.  I still have yet to get it to boot windows but am suspecting this driver is preventing the harddrive from operating due to this software.  My first computer was an Acer, an excellent trouble free gem, back when disks were used like record players and you just switched the disks in the drive for different apps.  I have two a Aspire Laptop and this other Aspire x-1935 and the cheap management of Acer would not supply needed factory disks, you had to make them yourself and a good number of them for two computers. as without backups and a partitioned harddrive, it was toast when the harddrive quit for recovering your information.  The payoff is a DVD backup made at the factory would probably cost them a dollar to include and I will NEVERr buy another one of their products because of their stingy, customer averse, attitudeS.  Good luck, I hope this story hits the light of day and they improve on their product line like my first one circa Windows 95 era.  So tight they squeak! JUST LIKE YOUR FAN. WHICH MAKES ME A NO FAN OF THIS OUTFIT.

• Someone
    Someone Member Posts: 7 New User
    Hi. I had a really loud fan issue on this laptop after month of use, so I gave it for repair. After that it's a lot better, but one of the fans still doesn't sound the same as before Smiley Sad It may be the same issue. I didn't give it back for repair again because I don't want to wait a full week again, I need my laptop for work. Please, post updates regarding this, especially if you managed to fix this issue. Thanks!
  • Ysquanir

Tinkerer

@Someone: Hello. I did not send the laptop back for repairs (I needed it for school & work) and my friend has advised me against the kind of DIY fixes I have suggested, so I have never figured out what causes the problem or what the solution is. Nowadays I mostly use my laptop with a (louder) cooling stand or outside, so the whirr of the fan is not much of an issue anymore.

That said, if you do find a solution, please share it with us. Good luck Smiley Happy