S7 Laptop repair - completely disatisfactory

Landoflemon
Landoflemon Member Posts: 5 New User

I returned my laptop to acer on the 13th of September for repair, it arrived for me today, the 10th of October, nearly a complete month later.

I had reported problems with the keyboard not registering some letters, particulaly the L, being typed, or often repeated. Immediately it apparent that the problem is still there, the keyboard feels the same (a slight pressure behind he L key) and it's still typing incorrect numbers of letters. The test notes state that an external keyboard was plugged in and tested. You tested the USB port?! Well done! Nothing to do with the physical keyboard.

Also, its apparent the laptop was dropped in the process and there is significant damage to the aluminium body.

What on earth were Acer doing with my laptop for a month that you actually made it worse?

I am now demanding a refund.

This is a sample of the typing errors, consecutively typing 's' followed by 'l' to highight how often the 'l' goes wrong.

slslslsllssllsllsllslslslslslslslslsllsllsllsllsllslslslslslsllsllsllsllslsllsllslslslsllsllsllslslsllslsllslslslsllslsllslslslsllslsllsllsllsllsllsllssllslsllslslsllslsllslsllslslsllsllslsllsllsllsllslllsllslsllsllsllslslsllslsll

After taking a month to get back to me, not repairing/replacing the keyboard and then physically damaging the aluminium body, I can say I am certainly never buying another ACER product

ACER DAMAGE

Answers

This discussion has been closed.