S7-392 Model difference

TekMe
TekMe Member Posts: 2 New User

Hi, there

Can anyone tell me what's the difference between the Aspire S7-392-9890 (SKU# NX.MBKAA.009) and the Aspire S7-392-9877 (SKU# NX.MBKAA.010) ? They are the highest model (most expensive model) I can find from Acer's US web store and Canada web store, respectively.

I did compare the specs of these two models and technically could not find any difference. The US model comes with more detailed tech info while the Canadian one has a brief intro. Are they having the same configuration and just a different model number for US/CA market?

The nomenclature of Acer's laptop model is not helpful when someone wanna identify the model having the key tech features he is looking for. Especially since Acer doesn't allow people to build or customize their own machine, clearly understanding what's the tech difference becomes more critical before placing the order.

Thanks a lot in advance!

Best Answer

• Cory-Acer
    Cory-Acer Administrator Posts: 1,449 Community Administrator
    Answer ✓

Tekme,

The only difference in these units by their specifications is that one has a French Canada KB (.010) and will probably be sold in Canada. The other (ending in .009) is the US version.

Other than that, they appear to be identical. Hope this helps.

Cory

Answers

• Cory-Acer
    Cory-Acer Administrator Posts: 1,449 Community Administrator
    Answer ✓

Tekme,

The only difference in these units by their specifications is that one has a French Canada KB (.010) and will probably be sold in Canada. The other (ending in .009) is the US version.

Other than that, they appear to be identical. Hope this helps.

Cory

• TekMe
    TekMe Member Posts: 2 New User

Hi, Cory

Thanks a lot for your quick reply! Your answer would be great help for my model picking.

Cheers!

• shaawnzee
    shaawnzee Member Posts: 1 New User

I have a related question for you.  There are 4 models of S7-392-9*; 9404 (.003), 9460 (.002), 9466 (.006), and 9890 (.009).

I have noticed some slight differences in the specs published on this website, such as the 9404 being Win8 Pro and having DDR3L.

You answered the previous question with different versions for different countries.  I do not see the .010 version you mentioned while I do see the .009 model you said was for the US.

Are they all these models the same but for different countries or is there actually small differences, like Win8 Pro, DDR3L, etc?

Why is the 9404 $50 cheaper when it says it has Win8 Pro and DDR3L?

Thank you for all the help.  I have hada hard time finding this inofrmation.

Shawn

This discussion has been closed.