Proper BIOS for for all models

David64
David64 Member Posts: 23

Tinkerer

Acer, we really REALLY need a proper BIOS on all of your lovely notebooks:

Basically all one can change in the BIOS is the time and boot order. Aside from that, the BIOS has nothing to offer and every useful option is locked away in the depth of the ROM, waiting for a keen modder to unlock that.

I am not talking about Overclocking, voltage tweaks or timings (though it would still be nice, hehe), I am talking about usefull, non-HW breaking options such as:

• Enable/Disable Hyperthreating (I really really need this to be OFF)
  • Enable/Disable VTx
  • Enable/Disable HPET
  • Wake on Keyboard/Mouse/etc
  • Disable/Enable Optimus
  • Select SATA Mode (SATA1/2/3)

None of these options can break a laptop, they can only improve upon it.

Acer, could you kindly provide such a BIOS in the near forseeable future (like tomorrow) for all your current laptops and especially for the V5-573G? :-)

Answers

• perneo
    perneo Member Posts: 4 New User

I have a bios update 1.29 for acer aspire s3 391 . its unlock with al menus. Include VT

anyone need it?

• David64

Tinkerer

Unfortunately, one cannot edit their posts, so I have to post a new one...

Here are a few more lacking features:

• Set allocated memory for iGPU (Intel/AMD integrated GPU) (extremely useful, especially when youre short on RAM)
    • Enable/Disable webcam
    • Enable/Disable integrated speakers
    • Enable/Disable touchpad
    • Set CPU TDP (to lower CPU power consumption and heat spread)
    • Set numlock state on power up

more to come, as they come to mind when I look at my rather lacking laptop bundle Smiley Sad

• perneo
    perneo Member Posts: 4 New User

Anyone need to activate Vitualizacion Tecnology VT  on Acer Aspire S3 391 ???

• David64

Tinkerer

We need such features for every acer laptop perneo. I know there are some BIOS for certain models out there that unlock what Acer stole from us, but newer models are yet to be modded successfully, as Acer introduced a  security feature, stopping anyone from successfully flashing a modded BIOS. Yo Acer, ! I sometimes wonder if I bought a Apple product by accident, as I can't do ***with my laptop!

[word filter avoidance] 

• David64

Tinkerer

Oh wow, why cant we even set the default numlock state in the BIOS. whats the reason FOR TAKING THAT FROM US? Would be okay, if there werent a dedicated numpad included in the keyboard layout, but that isnt the case now, is it?

they are really making me regret the decision to buy one of their inferior laptops...

• valentas
    valentas Member Posts: 2 New User

Yes, please acer do it asap!!!