Topic

Contributing Member
blackorb

Re: External Battery V5-122P

This is the part number that Acer gave me directly(earlier in the thread). I have still had no luck with finding this battery. Finding it on a Russian site would be the closest thing so far.

I would imagine that the battery could work in a couple of different models. I think the V5-132P is the same computer with an Intel processor.

The last time i contacted Acer they gave me the same response as before, this battery is not for sale in the United States.

Debonair

I found it on a couple of Dutch language sites, they may be a bit easier to order from than a Russian site. I found them by googling the part number.

Established Member
jescott418

Well after taking mine on the road. I soon realized that battery life is not so great. I almost find it appalling because the APU from AMD uses so little power (or so they say). I am surprised that battery life  is not better. A external battery option would be a welcomed addition.

Debonair

I agree - I use the battery bar tool to measure battery life, very precise. I am only getting a little over two hours usable time on the installed 3-cell Li-ION battery and really really want the external.

Acer needs to get on the ball and make these things available!

Debonair

Has anyone used these USB-connected battery packs that are kind of generic to all laptops on their v5-122p?

Debonair

An update - I filed an issue with support about the battery life. The first guy I talked to said that the wi-fi card is a battery hog, just turn off wi-fi - I told him that was ridiculous, what good is a laptop with no Internet? That's what most users are using it for!  So I had them escalate the issue - and the answer is that the battery life is just terrible with the installed battery, and the exterrnal pack which they so helpfully mention in the User Guide that comes with the laptop is not available in the U.S.  I have had them keep this issue open, and asked them to use their resources to find this external battery pack for the v5-122p.  Other companies (Dell, Toshiba) have had all accessories available for purchase.  I'd urge anyone else who wants this to contact Acer support also.

New Visitor
NLAC13

Utterly ridiculous the short life on the battery for this computer.  I am  used to my Toshiba netbook that had a much longer life of use.  I would like to know how this battery is supposed to attach.  It would not make sense that one would have to remove the back of the computer to replace it.  I saw a picture of one but do not understand how it would attach.  I would like to purchase the optional battery if it can be located.  

Acer Technician
Acer-Cory

I wanted to provide feedback that based on demand we do have the battery available for sale in the US.

http://store.acer.com/store/aceramer/en_US/pd/ThemeID.35703000/productID.289201600

Hope this helps,

Cory

Remember to mark posts that resolved your issue with Accept as Solution. You can even mark multiple posts in a single thread. This will make it easier for others to find the same information.  Use the kudos-thumbs-up.png Give Kudos button to offer a thumbs-up for good post content and a pat on the back to the author.

Frequent Visitor
upminsterkids

Thanks for the info Acer- Cory.......does any one know where us poor souls in the uk can purchace this item as the acer us site will not alow you to ship to the uk ?

New Visitor
gamerguy76

I saw this sale http://www.rakuten.com/prod/battery-for-acer-aspire-v5-122p-0643-v5-122p-0857-v5-122p-0863-v5-122p/2...

Its $23 USD. Seems like a good deal. I think its part of black friday deals.

Welcome, Guest

Not A Member?   Register
Help
Language:
Member Highlight

ACE member IronFly has achieved a great milestone! He hit the 1000 posts mark! Nice work! The Acer team thanks you for your hard work and stellar assistance on the boards.

ACE Pioneer

Did you know?

Acer Community is also available in the following languages: