Can't install Windows 8 on Aspire S3-391 (loop situation BIOS mode)

theroger
theroger Member Posts: 2 New User

Hello,

I've got a Acer S3 with windows 7. Because its very slow i want it to be checked bij Acer. They dont want to check it because i've put windows 7 on it myself. They have send me 5 dvd's which i can use to instal windows 8. 

SCD W8ML64 RV24 (Bootable)

RCD W8ML64 RV24 (Base Disc 1/3)

RCD W8ML64 RV24 (Base Disc 2/3)

RCD W8ML64 RV24 (Base Disc 3/3)

LPCD W8 64bit Dutch (language pack)

Because it hasn't got a dvd drive they proposed to use a USB to SATA adapter so ik can use de dvd from my other computer. So far so good!

Starting from system CD the recovery application stops after recovery selection with message: Please boot this Recovery Disc using legacy BIOS mode.

When I change the BIOS mode to legacy than the recovery procedure stops in the beginning asking to switch to UEFI mode... (loop situation)

I have found a video on youtube (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RRFCqwVq8gI) from Acer where they show whats the problem: 

The message is shown because the partition called ESD which is present whithin the original acer preload, does no longer exist on the HDD.

The solution they give is:

To fix the problem please format the HDD again whithout any partitions and restart the installation via the windows 8 system cd.

My problem is that i dont know how to format the HDD whithout the use of a installation CD..

And i'm scared that when the HDD is formatted the USB to SATA adapter no longer works because it hasn't got the proper software. But thats just my own imagination..

Can somebody give me advise? It wil be greatly appreciated!

Answers

• IronFly
    IronFly ACE Posts: 18,413 Trailblazer

if Bios recognizes the DVD with the USB to SATA adapter and boot from DVD, you will have no problem with the HDD formated.

I'm not an Acer employee.
This discussion has been closed.