Can't connect to this network

xell
xell Member Posts: 5 New User

Hi,

I have an ACER Aspire v5-551g(Windows 8 PRO 64bit) and I have a problem where the Wifi connection keeps getting disconnected every 5 minutes.

I have already updated to the latest driver, which is the Qualcomm Atheros AR5BWB222 v10.0.0.225

I've already tested out different driver, the v10.0.0.263 & v10.0.0.217 but its still unstable. 

I'm sure that the router in my house isn't that far. Oh! It happened aswell in my office wifi(the router was not that far though). Is there any fix for this kind of problem? 

Thanks. Smiley Very Happy

Answers

• xell

anyone Smiley Sad?

• Kolholznik
    Kolholznik Member Posts: 8 New User

I have encountered this issue with dual-band Wifi routers when they are not bridged correctly with a cable modem.  Comcast had to completely disable the wifi in their cable modem in order for me to use my Linksys 1900 without losing the connection every five minutes.  Who is yor Internet provider?  And are you using one of their modems, or one of your own? 

• xell

Its my own.

Well, it wasn't like this before to be honest, it can connect every wifi connection that is available. It happened after I refreshed my windows 8 to feel like new again. Everything that is in the laptop is gone (apps,software,etc)mostly, acer software,etc. 

• Kolholznik
    Kolholznik Member Posts: 8 New User

By 'refresh' do you mean you did a complete system restore?  If so, that may be the reason...or did you have this connectivity problem prior to your refresh?  That'll determine which steps to take next.  If It didn't start until recently, I would probably go back and find a restore point prior to the date of your sytem refresh.  Hopefully, that will resolve the problem.

• xell

I have this problem after I did a complete refresh. I think, All of the restore point are gone. I did a complete disk clean,defrag,etc..so,everythings probably gone. However, i'll try to look for it if its still there and get back later.

• xell

Unfortunately, I'm doomed. There is no restore point from way back. Now, I'm still facing with this very evil problem Smiley Mad

This discussion has been closed.