Battery problems after unplugging it. Need help.

c_sunday
c_sunday Member Posts: 2 New User
edited March 2023 in 2014 Archives

Model: Acer Aspire v5-572g-6679

Hello. For Christmas I recieved a Western Digital Black, Dual Drive. I installed the hard drive without any problems. I just cloned my old one with the included software and all is great. I also bought the correct memory, and changed a 2gb stick inside with a 8GB stick, maxing out the laptop's memory to 12GB. I was following a guide that I printed off, and it said to unplug the battery before messing with internal componets. Being precautious, I did so, not wanting to damage anything. I removed the battery's connector by the edges, not the wires. After finishing the memmory and hard drive upgrades, I reconnected the battery's cable inside, and snapped the cover back on. This is where I ran into a problem...

I flipped my laptop over and pressed the power button. Nothing happened. I popped the cover back off and reseated the cable, and assured it was inserted correctly. If I used any more force I'm affraid it would break. I put the cover back on and tried the power button again. No go.. Now I'm panicking. When I boot into windows, the battery icon shows that the battery is fully charged at 100%, and the computer is plugged in. Obviously the connector was inserted correctly, I would assume? 

I unplugged the power cable with windows loaded and the computer died as if it had no power. I've tried resetting the battery with the reset pinhole and it still won't work unless I am attached to an outlet with the power cable connected.

I am new to the community. My laptop is aparently already too old for Acer support after only a year. I greatly appreciate any time and effort everyone puts into resolving my problem. Thanks, and have a merry Christmas.

Answers

• Hi,

Based on your input, its seems to be an issue with the battery connector in the mainboard, while the unit is on, does it detect the Battery. Either ways unplug the battery cable from the mainboard & check if any internal metal pins of flaps damaged & try to plug in again, also make sure that you plug the cable in the right direction,.
  • c_sunday
    c_sunday Member Posts: 2 New User

Weirdly I fixed the problem. I did reinsert the cable several times and that didn't work. I finally just screwed the bottom cover back on since everything was in place. I plugged the computer in and pressed the power button. As soon as the led light that indicates power turned on, I unplugged the ac adapter and the computer stayed on. I think something in the motherboard just got "confused" in simple terms. It's fixed now. Thanks for your answer though.