Aspire s7 392 Bluetooth weak signal breaking up dropping out

tangoman
tangoman Member Posts: 3 New User

I have just bought an Aspire s7 - 392 4 days ago.

Bluetooth kind of connects to my Bose Soundlink Mini if it is 1 foot behing my computer.  The signal drops in an out then stops!

I have had 3 calls to Acer support and got the ususal list of things to do.

Reinstall / update drivers - No go. latest drivers are on my cpmputer

Reset to factory settings - done - (pain) - no go - no change

What now????  I am worried I hvae wasted my all to scarce money on a high end computer that has a design flaw!!!!

Come on ACER get your finger out and support your products!!

Tomorrow I guess I will spend anohter 40 minutes waiting to talk to someone reading a script but who does not actually now what is going on.

Maybe I should just return the computer and be done with it?

Answers

• IronFly
    IronFly ACE Posts: 18,413 Trailblazer

Your Bose has around 29-30 feet of range, a laptop normally around 3 feet.

i would check on windows Device manager, the bluetooth device, double click it and check if there's any option about max range/power and disable any power saving option.

I'm not an Acer employee.
  • tangoman
    I would settle for three feet. My friends macbook plays no trouble at 15 feet plus
    The only available tinkering in device manager is to toggle off allowing the computer to turn the bt device off.
    Already tried to max power availability but I will have another look. My phone will play the Bose at 20 feet no worries. Surely a high spec ultrabook should do better than one foot.
    Such a small transmission distance makes bt so impractical as to be useless.
  • IronFly
    IronFly ACE Posts: 18,413 Trailblazer

For sure something is wrong and i'm suspecting an hardware failure, such an antenna issue.

i would contact your seller or the Acer support service for a warranty check

I'm not an Acer employee.
  • tangoman
    That's about what i am thinking. The next step is to see if Acer will come to the party.