Aspire V5-571PG.... Continually dropping wifi

blueangel5
blueangel5 Member Posts: 1 New User

Downloaded new driver after 2 hrs chat with support...It worked for 40 mins now won't even connect at all.  All other devices in the house work fine.  3 day old unit.  Any ideas?

Answers

• ashok
    ashok Member Posts: 23 New User

Hi friend.

well 

Go to under control panal go to device manager then look for network adapter and expand it right click on where it says wireless then properties uncheck allow the computer to turn off this device and set it to allow this device to wake the computer and then save the changes you made then reboot the unit and check it.

All the best..

• Rincewind3
    Rincewind3 Member Posts: 1 New User

Ashok's solution doesn't work.  I've tried that. I've also updated my BIOS and all drivers to the latest available. I still get "you're not connected to the internet" messages (when the laptop ays I am connected), I get "Limited Connection" and yet nothing loads at all, I try to play movies or music through my Bluray home theatre and the connection drops out 10 minutes in (bluray connected using an ethernet cable so problem obviously laptop end). Other devices are working fine.  It seems Acer is unable/uninterested in sorting this problem out.

This discussion has been closed.