Aspire V 15 Nitro Touchpad problems

saulridley
saulridley Member Posts: 3 New User

I recently bought an Aspire V 15 Nitro vn7-591g-56jg, for the first few days I had no problems. However recently I've found that the touchpad often becomes very slow to respond and unusable at times, also if I'm watching media and try to use the touchpad (whilst it's being slow to respond) the audio cuts out slightly and the media player doesn't work properly.

If I restart the laptop the problems disappear but only temporarily. I have a wireless mouse that I can use that seems unaffected by the problem. Is there a fix for this? 

Any responses would be greatly appreciated, thanks. 

Answers

• kpiv
    kpiv Member Posts: 1 New User

I have the same problem. Nothink is helping. I already reinstall all related drivers, but nothink.

• maiki69
    maiki69 Member Posts: 16

Tinkerer

Please try to install the following Driver:

http://global-download.acer.com/GDFiles/Driver/AMT/AMT_Intel_10.0.0.1126_W81x64_A.zip?acerid=635533549231273370

After installing the driver the Problem should be solved.

Please let me know if this fix the Problem for you!

Regards

• saulridley

Tried downloading and installing, but the problem still persists! Thanks for the reply though. 

• maiki69

Tinkerer

It´s improtant to kill the Task "Intel(r) Technology Access Service" before trying to update it.

The Task is the main reason for the problem.

You will also the it when you run the taskmanager.

When the problem begins or is active the task should be get 100% CPU usage.

So, kill the task, run the update and make a restart.

• saulridley

Alright, I've done that now. All seems good atm, I'll update tomorrow on whether the problem has returned. Thanks!

• RubenMendozaE
    RubenMendozaE Member Posts: 9 New User

Hi!

In the spanish forum he have found a temporal solution, you can see the thread here.

Summarizing... we think that the problems have a relation with windows updates, so I suggest to restore the system and disable windows update until Microsoft launch a solution for the error.

Good luck!

• Hasbro35
    Hasbro35 Member Posts: 1 New User

Thank you so much.  I thought my computer was possessed or being hacked.  The cursor would do all sorts of weird things on the screen.  It was driving me nuts.  Mouse worked fine so I knew it had to be the touchpad.

Thanks again.

• maiki69

Tinkerer

The Solution ist ti dellte the Intel Technology Access Service in Programms and Festures. After a Restart the problem is fixed. Ehen Young recover your system you will see that this software is not preinstalled!!!