Aspire S7 - High CPU usage from ELAN touchpad after exiting Virtualbox

tmk
tmk Member Posts: 14

Tinkerer

Anybody else seeing high CPU usage from the ELAN touchpad control center on an Acer S7-391 after exiting virtualbox?

Like 30% and the fns run like crazy?

Answers

• freeza
    freeza Member Posts: 1,316 Skilled Practitioner WiFi Icon

Good day

Regarding the fan, update the bios. I havent seen the cpu usage on touchpad

Regards,

Freeza

• tmk

Tinkerer

Nope.. Not that.. 

I exit Virtualbox and etdctrl.exe runs at 35% CPU. I need to kill and restart or the battery/fan/etc get killed.. 

TMK

• wesastbi
    wesastbi Member Posts: 1 New User

Yes, i have the same issue, ETD control center run to 30% when start virtual box.

after exit virtual box it's still stay in 30% and battery only last for 1.5 hour\

Help

• tmk

Tinkerer

I opened a ticket with Virtualbox.. [edited for privacy]

Feel free to add logs to it. Maybe the more attention it gets maybe they/Acer will fix.. 

TMK

• Juneox
    Juneox Member Posts: 1 New User

Exacty same thing happened to my S7-191-6447 when I tried to drag a file from dropbox to desktop.

• jester
    jester Member Posts: 1 New User

Hello,

I had the exact same problem today.

I enabled folder sharing in vbox, and while in vbox suddenly the fan starts to spin.

I go back to win, look at what is running: ELAN Touchpad control center is between 30 and 50% cpu.

I just killed it, everything went back to normal. It doesn't seem to impact using the touchpad or the touchscreen.

It would be nice if there was a fix though.

• tmk

Tinkerer

Killing it does not impact anything until the computer sleeps. When it wakes up the touchpad drivers aren't loaded and gestures/etc are not enabled.. You can restart it and they work again. 

Still - Acer - any idea if you are going to patch this issue or at least escalate with Virtual box/Elan?

• Ramjetting
    Ramjetting Member Posts: 1 New User

Acer?

Any fixes?

I have the same problem with te S3.

This discussion has been closed.