No option for extended service plans on Travelmates?

kidziti
kidziti Member Posts: 26 New User

I have a TravelMate P645 and am nearing the end of my two-year standard warranty.  I looked at extending the warranty to 3 years through the Acer Advantage program but was told that since TravelMates already come with a standard two year warranty, they do not qualify for extended warranties.  Is this true?  I think I am getting misinformation, since I was told only a week ago that I could buy an extended 1-year warranty for $69 or a 3 year accidental (from date of purchase) plus 1 year extended for $179.  My warranty ends on the 7th after which the option if it does exist is no longer available, so quick responses are appreciated!

Best Answer

• Blayn-Acer
    Blayn-Acer Administrator Posts: 2,355 Community Administrator
    Answer ✓

Sorry you have had trouble getting correct information. Please send me a private message, so I can get someone in contact with you who can get you set up with the extended warranty you want. I will make sure we get you set up.

Answers

• Blayn-Acer
    Blayn-Acer Administrator Posts: 2,355 Community Administrator
    Answer ✓

Sorry you have had trouble getting correct information. Please send me a private message, so I can get someone in contact with you who can get you set up with the extended warranty you want. I will make sure we get you set up.

• kidziti
    kidziti Member Posts: 26 New User

Just to inform the forum community, there IS an available extended warranty for the TravelMate.  You can add one year - for a total of 3 years - at a cost of $69.95 plus tax USD.  There seems to be much misinformation about that with the tech team via phone support at Acer.  Keep in mind that the extended service plan must be purchased within the standard warranty period; it is noit offered once the standard warranty expires.