travelmate 7520-7A2G

gotths1938
gotths1938 Member Posts: 5 New User

My travelmate does not start! It lights up and blinks for half a minute, but then shut down. The mother card, memory seems OK and also the hard disk. I have check them on another similar laptop. I cannot hear any beeå! What shall I do next?

Answers

• philetus
    philetus ACE Posts: 4,759 Pathfinder

Either the power supply is bad or the motherboard is.

• gotths1938

Hello!

As I wrote in my first message, it is no problem with the mothercard and the harddisk. I have a similar laptop and I have teted them there. The power is also ok. So therefore I ask: What is wrong?

Gotths

• philetus

You put the motherboard in a simular laptop and it booted?

• gotths1938

Hello!

What do you mean with "booted"? I have taken functional mothercards from an  another laptop, but this laptop does not start. I have put the harddisk in the other laptop and it is functioned.

Regards Gotths

• gotths1938

Travelmate 7520

The problem is still not solved. I can not start the laptop! Is it someone, who can give me more ideas, how to start it?

• philetus

Try removing the power and battery, hold the power button down for 30 seconds, plug in power and try.

• gotths1938

I do not understand you! The laptop must have power to start? However I have follow your recommendation and nothing happens. It is what I think. I have also tried to hold in the start botton for a long time, but it does not function. I am not sure but the problems come when thedator was upgraded. I have had a similar problem with another dator after upgrading. When I turn it off it goes in in astand by position and I must hold in the bottom againto turn it off and to start it again. But with this Acer it does noy function.

Regards gotths