installing another hard drive

Lauridz79
Lauridz79 Member Posts: 3 New User
edited November 2023 in 2018 Archives

Hi.

i have a problem.

i have a Acer Aspire e1-432 and the ssd in it is only 28gb. The problem i have is that i baught a wd blue 2,5" and it should fit in the bracket for extra disk under the laptop but the disk is to wide to fit in the bracket, are ther smaller disks that i can get and install?

the smallest disks i find is 2,5"

Please help.

Answers

• laurent_14
    laurent_14 ACE Posts: 10,018 Trailblazer

Hello,

Hmmm... strange. All original HDDs are 2.5" and 7 or 9.5mm of height. As far as I know, there is only one SATA connector so you can only have one SSD or HDD.

1. Could you give me the part number or model name of the WD HDD?
    2. Could you give me the first ten characters of the computer serial number (S/N)? Only the first ten.

France
  • Lauridz79

In this machine it is to places to put in hdd or ssd one extra spot.

S/N NXGGMED005

Has a 32gb ssd installed but u wont fit much in that drive have 300mb left cant even update windows.

Asus Aspire ES1-432-C0BW 

• laurent_14

Thanks. Okay! You own an ES1-432 and not E1-432 as stated in your previous reply. HDD has the same specifications: 2.5" and 7 or 9.5mm. I think you don't have an HDD bracket but only a dummy HDD bracket. Is it correct?

France
  • Lauridz79
    I have a bracket and sata connection and all but the 2,5" won't fit in the bracket that's all real strange.
  • laurent_14

Sorry but are you sure you have this bracket?

LT-ES1-432-HDDB

Could you give the part number or the model name of your new HDD?

France
  • souaze
    souaze Member Posts: 19

Tinkerer

i have exactly the  same problème, can you give me the solution ?
  • Did you check if it is a 2.5 "hd? Try this:

Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :)