Travelmate P236 struggling to power up

Riaan26
Riaan26 Member Posts: 5 New User
edited March 2023 in 2017 Archives

Hallo,

I have an Acer Travelmate P236 Notebook with Intelcore i3, 2.00 Ghz, 4G Ram, Windows 7 64-bit. I got the laptop brand new 7 months ago.

Lately the laptop is having problems powering up. I insert the charger cable, then press the Power button to start up. The blue power-on light flickers for a short while, then goes dead. I have to repeat the process four or five times before the latptop starts to run properly. Just before it starts, the machine sort of stutters for a few seconds, then goes on. Sometimes it would be in te process of starting Windows and the laptop would suddenly die. Once Windows is running there are no problems with the power.

I want to know if there is something I can do about this before I take it in for repair. Thank you for your assistance.

Best Answer

Answers

• brummyfan2
    brummyfan2 ACE Posts: 28,086 Trailblazer

Hi,

What about the battery? Does it start with the battery alone without connecting AC adapter? Is it fully charged? Have you tried starting after removing the battery and AC adapter connected?

• Riaan26
    Riaan26 Member Posts: 5 New User

brummyfan2 wrote:

Hi,

What about the battery? Does it start with the battery alone without connecting AC adapter? Is it fully charged? Have you tried starting after removing the battery and AC adapter connected?

Hi Brummyfan2,

I've done all of the above, and the laptop starts okay. The laptop runs okay once it is started. When I shut down, and leave it overnight, and then start back up in the morning, that's when it gives me trouble.

• brummyfan2
    brummyfan2 ACE Posts: 28,086 Trailblazer
    Answer ✓

Hi,

I think that it's better to be checked by a competent person, take it to a local repair shop.