Non responsive USB ports and Acer Pro Shield install and uninstall

Fishfingers
Fishfingers Member Posts: 2 New User
edited March 2023 in 2017 Archives

Hello,

Acer Travelemate P645M (win7 64bit) has had very unresponsive USB ports.  It can take up to 2-3 mins for any of the USB3 ports to recognise a device has been plugged in or removed.  Acer tech support's only suggestion was to restore to factory image and re verify the problem before they could do anything.

Discovered the cause of the problem as Embassyservice.  Disabled this service from within msconfig and suddenly all USB ports function normally and with good reactive speed on plugging devices in and out.  Could not find what embassyservice related to other than possibly something to do with Wave technologies.  I think Wave has something to do with Acer Pro shield?

Can anyone offer any advice on how to properly disable or uninstall Acer Pro Shield?  I can't uninstall it because I'm getting an error "Object EgisAuthShell.EgisAuthShell.1 is invald!"  Clicking OK then takes me to another ProShield window saying the feature you are trying use is on a network resource that is unavailable.  Then error 1706, No valid source could be found for product proShield.  Now on a reboot I'm getting constantly prompted to install or uninstall pro shield without any source files.

Where can I obtain the Acer Pro shield installation files so that I can re install and try to properly uninstall again?