Disable touchscreen cable

phloxx
phloxx Member Posts: 1 New User

I have an aspire v5. unffortunately due to a car accident it developed a crack on the lower right coner. and though it by no means affected the visuals, it affected the touch sensors in such a way that it was now as if a hundred little fingers are clicking the screen at the same time and opening all sorts of windows and pages all at the same time. in a stroke of luck the touch stopped and i managed to disable the driver via device manager. But now i want to re-install my windows and that will only reload the driver that i deactivated. is there any way to permanently block a driver from loading, or is there a cable which only deals with the touch signals like other laptops, which i can just disconnect so that only the touch aspect of the screen wont be working. Please help. Im in a remoter game park in Zimbabwe and am far from any tech support, i am as DIY as anyone can ever get. i have no second screen or monitor i can use, this is all i have to work with. Thank you so much in Advance

Answers

• Karp-Acer_Retired
    Karp-Acer_Retired Member Posts: 2,599 Guru

Have you tried to unistall the driver once it reinstall after you re-install the Windows?

minimizar para MAXIMIZAR.

Descubra a mais recente e inovadora tecnologia que chegará no mercado, next@acer.