Acer T232HL - USB not recognized and touch not working any longer

Elia1995
Elia1995 Member Posts: 4 New User
edited February 16 in 2019 Archives
Hello, I'm having some issues with my touchscreen monitor, I purchased an Acer T232HL on September 2013, the USB ports and touch have always worked fine without any issues, even after several system reinstallations. Since this year January I'm experiencing an odd issue: touch isn't working any longer (Windows 7 x64 Ultimate Edition), USB ports neither, I unplug and plug again the USB 3.0 from the monitor and from my motherboard, I hear no USB sound at all, I purchased a new USB 3.0 cable but the same thing happens. The issue started in January of this year, I still had my old computer on which it worked fine before, now I got a brand new computer (well, all I did was change my graphics card, motherboard, CPU and case) and it still doesn't work any longer. I tried to contact support, but when I entered the serial number it returned an error message telling me it was expired or something similar, so I cannot contact acer support directly... I googled my issue but I can't find anything similar to my case, most people got the USB detected and just touch not working and fixed it with drivers, my computer isn't detecting my monitor's usb at all !!! I haven't tried it on another computer or laptop yet.

Answers

• Sharanji
    Sharanji ACE Posts: 4,327 Pathfinder
    You need to connect the USB cable from the monitor to the USB 2,0 port on your computer.
    It is recommended to connect to a USB 2.0 port eventhoug it should work on USB 3.0 port.

Is the USB port working fine when you connect any other devices like USB flash drive, external hard disk?
    Open device manager and check if any devices with yellow exclamation mark

Click the Kudos kudos-thumbs-up.pngto say “Thanks” for helping! select "Accept Solution" if your issue is resovled.

• Elia1995
    I just tried plugging it in a USB 2.0 port, but nothing fancy happened, still no USB sound and no new hardware detected. All of my USB ports work just fine, flash drives, hardrives, my gaming controllers, keyboard, mouse, graphics tablet and everything else work just fine in any USB port, only my monitor's USB doesn't seem to be detected AT ALL any longer. The strange thing is that actually nothing has happened, it just stopped working like that without any reason.
  • Elia1995
    Two days without replies... Is anybody here ? I don't use the touchscreen for sport, I need it to work on 3D modeling and photo editing, does someone have a workaround to fix this USB issue ?
  • Sharanji
    Sharanji ACE Posts: 4,327 Pathfinder

I am sorry that the issue is not resolved. The issue seems to be with the USB cable. Are you using the same USB cable shipped with the monitor? If you have already tested the USB cable you may contact a Acer technician since it could be an issue with the USB port on the monitor or the touch panel. The monitor seems to be in warranty : Acer Italy

Click the Kudos kudos-thumbs-up.pngto say “Thanks” for helping! select "Accept Solution" if your issue is resovled.

• henryfarpolo
    henryfarpolo Member Posts: 2 New User

Just ran into the same issue. Try to power down the monitor.

Remove all of the cords from the monitor (power, USB, DVI etc). Press and hold the power button for 30 seconds. Plug all the cords back into the monitor and power up. The touch should now work. If it doesn't the problem is probably the USB jack.

Hope this helps. 

• Elia1995
    I've just tried doing as you said, I unplugged everything from my monitor (USB, HDMI and DC IN) and held the power button for 30 seconds, then I plugged everything back in, but nothing changed. Did I misunderstand something ?
  • henryfarpolo
    henryfarpolo Member Posts: 2 New User

Sorry it didn't work for you. You should still be under warranty. I reached customer support. I had to put in the snid number to get connected to a technician. Give it a shot.

[edited to comply with guidelines]

• kwidelitz
    kwidelitz Member Posts: 3 New User

Downloaded DeviceWin8.meta.diagcab from Microsoft to fix unrecognized USB devices, error 43. Ran it and it fixed my touch problem.

• Ksulli
    Ksulli Member Posts: 2 New User

Henryfarpolo's suggestion worked for me - disconnect all cables & hold down the power button for 30 sec. Thank you very much.

• Ksulli
    Ksulli Member Posts: 2 New User

This is what worked for me. thanks again to henryfarpolo.

‎04-01-2015 01:00 PM

Just ran into the same issue. Try to power down the monitor.

Remove all of the cords from the monitor (power, USB, DVI etc). Press and hold the power button for 30 seconds. Plug all the cords back into the monitor and power up. The touch should now work. If it doesn't the problem is probably the USB jack.

Hope this helps. 

• pezza
    pezza Member Posts: 1 New User

I have just recently run in to this same issue, and assumed it was after one of the windows 10 updates.

The solution from henryfarpolo worked for me also.

Not sure about the 30 second thing though as, as soon as I touch the power button and hold, it goes off and I didn't see anything different happen after 30 seconds.

But by unplugging all cables, powering off the monitor and back on again and then reconnecting the cables did then re-enable the cable and I could see that this time it was being recognised....and more importantly, touch works again :-)

Thanks for the suggested solution

Andrew

• LTKGIS
    LTKGIS Member Posts: 1 New User
    I am having the issue where my USB ports on the monitor are not working.  I tried everything but no luck.  This is such a great monitor and I am hoping I can get it figured out.  I purchased a new USB 3 cable and while the touchscreen works fine, the USBs recognize thumb drives but nothing that needs powered.  Does anyone know how much it would cost to get this repaired?  Thanks, LTK