Projector Problem

Revmm
Revmm Member Posts: 5 New User

I have an Acer H5360 projector. When I try to turn it on it will start the fan for a short time then shut it off. Then after a little time it will beep a couple of times and restart the fan, and then shut off again. The lamp does not come on. The Acer manual does not describe this behavior, but does say that if the lamp is burned out the projector will not turn on. Before I buy a more than $100 lamp I wanted to see if others thought that was in fact the problem.

Answers

• Blayn-Acer
    Blayn-Acer Administrator Posts: 2,355 Community Administrator

How many times does the system beep, and how long are the beeps? This information may help me determine what the problem is.

• Revmm

When I turn the machine on it takes about 20 seconds then I get two quick beeps then the fan turns on for about 25 seconds after the fan turns off for about 20 seconds I get two beeps and then the fan turns on for about 25 seconds again. The cycle repeats until the projector is unplugged. It will not turn off.

• Blayn-Acer

In looking through my service documentation, I do not see any reference to the system making 2 beeps, so I am unable to determine exactly what the problem could be. My best recommendation would be to contact your local technical support team, to see what service options are available.

• Revmm

Thank you.

• Revmm

Taking a chance I changed the lamp. The projector worked for just a few minutes then shut off. Now when I turn the projector on the light in the button turns blue then in just a few seconds begins to blink red then goes back to straight red. A tech guy on here said it might be a booting problem. How would one diagnose or treat a booting problem?

• Blayn-Acer

Most likely the board or a component on the board has failed. My best recommendation at this point would be to contact technical support in your region to inquire about service options.

• Revmm

Thanks. I will.

This discussion has been closed.